Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England vs Australia Third Ashes Test - Leeds 22nd-26th August 2019

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Of course, if his form continues then Ollie Robinson could be the next Sussex player to make the step up.

That said, he'll need to keep it up for a while. The second division is much maligned.

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Trivia question:

When was the last time two Sussex players were in the same England Test team ?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Prior and the man batting now in the T20 for Sussex v Sri Lanka 2014?

Come on Chris!

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Prior and the man batting now in the T20 for Sussex v Sri Lanka 2014?

Come on Chris!

The question was Test cricket although I'm pretty sure you have the right combo.

v Sri Lanka in, I think, 2015.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
The question was Test cricket although I'm pretty sure you have the right combo.

v Sri Lanka in, I think, 2015.

Great question. It was 2014. I’d been watching Jordan batting for 5 minutes tonight in the T20 before my brain clicked into gear.

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Okay, another question.

During the 1980s I can only remember 4 Test matches that featured Sussex players. Three players in total. Who were they ?

Also, the longest England Test gap I can remember without a Sussex player is nearly 8 years. Early 1984 to the summer of 1992. Name either player each end of that.

One of the players was only called up because he happened to be getting married in the country of play at that time.

Last edited:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Okay, another question.

During the 1980s I can only remember 4 Test matches that featured Sussex players. Three players in total. Who were they ?

Also, the longest England Test gap I can remember without a Sussex player is nearly 8 years. Early 1984 to the summer of 1992. Name either player each end of that.

One of the players was only called up because he happened to be getting married in the country of play at that time.

I’m thinking one Newhaven brother, a spinner battling depression and a night clubbing Tony Piggot but ready for kip now.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Parker must be the answer to one of the questions

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Okay, another question.

Paul Parker, Ian Greig & David Smith?

Ian Greig - David Smith?

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Paul Parker, Ian Greig & David Smith?

Ian Greig - David Smith?

Correct. Although David Smith was with Worcestershire when he played for England. He didn't play a Test in the tour at the end of the decade.

Tony Pigott was the other player as [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] called.

So we need the 1992 call up.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Correct. Although David Smith was with Worcestershire when he played for England. He didn't play a Test in the tour at the end of the decade.

Tony Pigott was the other player as [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION] called.

So we need the 1992 call up.

Alan Wells

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here