Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matchday Tickets

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
My nephew will be in Brighton on weekend of Tottenham game and asked if I could get tickets. Would prefer in same stand as me so can meet up before. Have just looked tickets are £58 and he has said wont go. Take it, as its Spurs it will sell out whatever price, but in general who pays these prices. Not those that cant afford a ST or those that can only go to half of games so assume it is one off tourists
After a good start to season see still 800 available for Saturday and email today offering 2 for £45 v Burnley. Appreciate holiday season but is there a sign that people are becoming reluctant to pay these matchday prices

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Get him one in the North and meet in town for a few beers first.

But agreed, match day tickets are far too expensive. However the whole time they are selling out or almost selling out, who can argue the price point is wrong.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Spurs 1 for £45 in the NS have a drink outside the ground and meet up in the north for a drink at final whistle or ring the club and see if you can swap your expensive seat for a north stand one for the match and try and find two together

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My nephew will be in Brighton on weekend of Tottenham game and asked if I could get tickets. Would prefer in same stand as me so can meet up before. Have just looked tickets are £58 and he has said wont go. Take it, as its Spurs it will sell out whatever price, but in general who pays these prices. Not those that cant afford a ST or those that can only go to half of games so assume it is one off tourists
After a good start to season see still 800 available for Saturday and email today offering 2 for £45 v Burnley. Appreciate holiday season but is there a sign that people are becoming reluctant to pay these matchday prices

You think ?

The 800 will more or less sell out (similar last week at this stage wasn’t it ?), even though it’s in the middle of the holidays. We’ll be 99%+ sold out all season for PL games (particularly if Potter’s magic continues). With 8000 on the waiting list I don’t think there’s a reluctance.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
You think ?

The 800 will more or less sell out (similar last week at this stage wasn’t it ?), even though it’s in the middle of the holidays. We’ll be 99%+ sold out all season for PL games (particularly if Potter’s magic continues). With 8000 on the waiting list I don’t think there’s a reluctance.

Season ticket waiting list is different to match day tickets. If I didnt have a season ticket I would barely go.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Not sure why you're surprised. It's a Cat A game. A season ticket is £600+ so whilst someone might not be able to afford that it doesn't mean they can't treat themselves to the odd match at £58! That said, I assume you're in west lower and there are tickets for £52 so not sure why you highlighted the expensive ones there!

Out of interest, how much did your nephew expect to pay?

As for tourist, you need purchase history generally to get a ticket. There aren't many available as I think there are about 22k season ticket holders, plus about 3k 1901 and 3k away fans so about 2k left for general sale!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Said for years on here the prices are a disgrace match by match - particularly cat A & B games. Always get met with ‘they will sell out though’ - which means **** all really as they will mainly be day trippers or rich people or glory supporters. The real fans are priced out. Also get people saying ‘not bad price with travel’ - well not everyone uses the free travel so that’s not a major factor. Again, I’m a STH so it isn’t personal or selfish of me to make this argument - I genuinely feel for those real fans who don’t have a ST. Best thing to do is find a mate who can’t go and bung them the pro rata rate or they may give it to you as a freebie if you have enough mates who go - although the club warn against this for selfish reasons (wanting the money from match by match sales or reselling the ticket and making a profit on the exchange by selling the seat twice and only giving the STH X amount back. Still unfair and home tickets in football should be capped at £30 like they are away tickets in the prem. the Sky money means ticket prices count for little - start treating loyal fans with more respect BHA & most clubs of the prem league etc...

Not many times I criticise us as we get most things right but this is a big one for me.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Said for years on here the prices are a disgrace match by match - particularly cat A & B games. Always get met with ‘they will sell out though’ - which means **** all really as they will mainly be day trippers or rich people or glory supporters. The real fans are priced out. Also get people saying ‘not bad price with travel’ - well not everyone uses the free travel so that’s not a major factor. Again, I’m a STH so it isn’t personal or selfish of me to make this argument - I genuinely feel for those real fans who don’t have a ST. Best thing to do is find a mate who can’t go and bing them the pro rata rate or they may give it to you as a freebie if you have enough mates who go. Still unfair and home tickets in football should be capped at £30 like they are away tickets in the prem. the Sky money means ticket prices count for little - start treating loyal fans with more respect BHA & most clubs of the prem league etc...

Yup. Too much for me. Took my 8 year old lad to Cambridge Utd vs Scunthorpe Utd last night. OK - bottom tier league football but he loved it and so did I. Proper football and a game that had everything; a straight red, 5 goals, and a come-back for a home win. Only £23 for both of us, really friendly folk sat around us, a big fuss from CUFC as they figured out it was his first game and he can’t wait to go again. Everyone’s a winner.

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Said for years on here the prices are a disgrace match by match - particularly cat A & B games. Always get met with ‘they will sell out though’ - which means **** all really as they will mainly be day trippers or rich people or glory supporters. The real fans are priced out. Also get people saying ‘not bad price with travel’ - well not everyone uses the free travel so that’s not a major factor. Again, I’m a STH so it isn’t personal or selfish of me to make this argument - I genuinely feel for those real fans who don’t have a ST. Best thing to do is find a mate who can’t go and bung them the pro rata rate or they may give it to you as a freebie if you have enough mates who go - although the club warn against this for selfish reasons (wanting the money from match by match sales or reselling the ticket and making a profit on the exchange by selling the seat twice and only giving the STH X amount back. Still unfair and home tickets in football should be capped at £30 like they are away tickets in the prem. the Sky money means ticket prices count for little - start treating loyal fans with more respect BHA & most clubs of the prem league etc...

Not many times I criticise us as we get most things right but this is a big one for me.

Agree should be capped at £30 like away games..........more will come more regularly, no. of day trippers reduces.......better atmosphere etc. As long as it keeps selling out at higher prices can’t see it happening though. We’re no different to most other PL clubs.

Jul 7, 2003
I'm sure I read something last season that said all Premier League clubs could afford to let fans in for free and it would hardly make a dent in the profits due to the amount of TV and other commercial income they get.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I’m counting the years as to when i can no longer go ...fine while i am working ...but wont be long and i’ll Be asking to move from my vantage point in ESU to NS....but then again i guess senior citizen rates might make it possible ....all the points you raise are valid

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

The ticket money is a drop in the ocean when it comes to Premier League finances and that should be reflected in their price.

Although you however seem to be arguing that real football fans are poor, whereas as non football fans are rich.

For the record I'm poor, a season ticket holder, who obviously goes to matches.
(I can't afford a pie and a pint when I get there, but that's my choice)

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Also, this latest sob story of - 'oh these prices are so unfair'.

Seem to involve an adult male wanting to sit in one of the most expensive areas of the ground, for a game in 6 (six) weeks time.

Now I certainly wouldn't be paying £58 to watch the Albion, but I'll pay £35.
Especially as I'll have 2 pay packets to find the money in.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I’m counting the years as to when i can no longer go ...fine while i am working ...but wont be long and i’ll Be asking to move from my vantage point in ESU to NS....but then again i guess senior citizen rates might make it possible ....all the points you raise are valid

Lucky you. Mrs Earle and I are in WSL and hit 65 this year. No Senior Citizen reductions for us as we enjoy premium seating.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The ticket money is a drop in the ocean when it comes to Premier League finances and that should be reflected in their price.

Although you however seem to be arguing that real football fans are poor, whereas as non football fans are rich.

For the record I'm poor, a season ticket holder, who obviously goes to matches.
(I can't afford a pie and a pint when I get there, but that's my choice)

Sorry, I didn’t mean to make generalisations. There will be some hardcore fans, even youngsters and students etc who can’t afford to go to as many games and I feel for them. I’m not a rich man and my ST is my one major personal treat which I love and work hard for. I just feel sorry for those who can’t afford to go to so many games who used to go Withdean or Gillingham or the Goldstone. I’m sure there are some.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Agree should be capped at £30 like away games..........more will come more regularly, no. of day trippers reduces.......better atmosphere etc. As long as it keeps selling out at higher prices can’t see it happening though. We’re no different to most other PL clubs.

Yep - I was popping at most prem and championship clubs. I still feel £20 is fair for a game and the level shouldn’t matter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here