Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Fencing - small job

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm looking for someone to put up a couple of garden fencing panels (and three posts) It's only a small job so the people I've approached so far aren't interested.

Anyone out there who can handle it? We're in Coldean.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
I'm looking for someone to put up a couple of garden fencing panels (and three posts) It's only a small job so the people I've approached so far aren't interested.

Shame no-one wants to touche it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
These fencing puns are lamé.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
They're epee'ic!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

Did they tell you they were not interested before turning up? Twice over the last 2 years I enquired about some work in the garden. Despite clearly explaining over the phone both firms turned up and within minutes were making all sorts of elaborate and expensive suggestions as to what they could do. Having brought them down to earth they then still promised to get back to me with a quote. In both cases I never heard from them again.

If the job isn't big enough for you just say so from the start. Don't waste my time or yours! :(

Nibbler

710 77345
Aug 12, 2014
Westdene

I'm having some work done on our house and garden which includes having a new fence erected. The builders tried for ages to get a fencing company to quote for it but nobody was interested or they were too busy. In the end they gave up and did it themselves. It was a fairly big job too. You could probably find an odd job man to do it on Checkatrade, or try walking into somewhere like Meakers and book an appointment face to face.

If anyone is thinking about a new career you could do a lot worse than set up a fencing business - there are clearly not enough to go around in these parts.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Its not a difficult task .... I am not a fencer but have done this work. PM me if you want some advice.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
It could be the fencing panel shortage of a few years ago re-emerging. There's been a more recent shortage with roof tiles, although I've no idea why.

Definitly not the case. Was in a fencing suppliers 2 days ago and they had loads of all different sizes in stock. That was when we had really strong gales and loads of fences came down, remember it well.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

PM sent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here