Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Club emails / Gmail

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Any Gmail users finding that club emails have started landing in the Promotions tab instead of the Primary tab recently?

I rarely look in my Promotions tab, so it was handy they were appearing in my Primary tab - not sure what has changed for them to now be seen as less important.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Mine are also landing in Promotions. I wouldn't have known though as I simply have the inbox open for all my mail unsorted.

Argartu

Jun 5, 2014
Any Gmail users finding that club emails have started landing in the Promotions tab instead of the Primary tab recently?

I rarely look in my Promotions tab, so it was handy they were appearing in my Primary tab - not sure what has changed for them to now be seen as less important.

If you want them in the Primary mailbox, get on the desktop web client and drag an email over to Primary. You'll then have the option to set all emails from that address to go to Primary.

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
Think yourselves lucky you get club emails. They ignore me despite me being a STH virtually every year for the last 37 years!

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I stopped receiving emails just over a year ago for no apparent reason, they just stopped. The club investigated and could see nothing untoward. I changed my email address on my account and all of a sudden, started getting emails again, so I have no idea why they stopped to the email that I was and had been using for years.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Guilty here your honour :)

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Mine are also landing in Promotions. I wouldn't have known though as I simply have the inbox open for all my mail unsorted.

This. I've never seen a need to look at the different categories Google puts things in.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've had Gmail for 10+ years.

There's a promotions tab?

Nope not had that problem.

I've had Gmail for a lot longer than 10 years, but I'm pretty sure that when the tabs were introduced in 2013 they were turned on by default, so if you don't have them, you likely turned them off.

I didn't and most users didn't. Turning the tabs off now takes my Inbox from 60 items to 64,000. I've turned them back on again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFf7dlewJus

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
...and thanks to those who confirmed they are now seeing the same.

Ive mentioned it to the club as I would imagine they'll be seeing open rates for emails going down somewhat as a result.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here