Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadia (Google)

Stadia (Google)

0 Not allowed!
    Anyone ordering Stadia founders addition or got any opinions as to how good Stadia will turn out to be compared with X-Box and PS4 and upcoming PS5? I haven't really gamed much for years but something about this caught my attention. I suppose I like the simplicity and the fact that one doesn't need an expensive console for a decent experience.
    If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice......

• North Stand Chat

advertising

A. Virgo, Football Genius

0 Not allowed!
      needs a fat internet to deliver, even then will not be great for some types of games. probably be good for casual gamers who'd rather pay a few pound a month than console plus lots on games.
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.

1 Not allowed!
      The last panel in this comic sums up my feelings on it pretty well.

Name:  i-XZk8XBL-2100x20000.jpg
Views: 888
Size:  360.7 KB
      'Football implies the desire to suffer' - Theodor Adorno
      Football V Homophobia | Football v Homophobia in association with Pride Sports

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by beorhthelm View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      needs a fat internet to deliver, even then will not be great for some types of games. probably be good for casual gamers who'd rather pay a few pound a month than console plus lots on games.
      Probably most people have fast enough internet for at least 1080p, and yeah I agree I fit that demographic.

Quote Originally Posted by BBassic View Post
      The last panel in this comic sums up my feelings on it pretty well.

Name:  i-XZk8XBL-2100x20000.jpg
Views: 888
Size:  360.7 KB
      Agreed, Google has a poor history dropping it services, some of which were really successful and popular. I suppose that is concerning if one invests in it.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Green Cross Code Man View Post
      Probably most people have fast enough internet for at least 1080p, and yeah I agree I fit that demographic.

Agreed, Google has a poor history dropping it services, some of which were really successful and popular. I suppose that is concerning if one invests in it.
      Absolutely. It's not just Google either; I'm wary of buying digital (games / films / music / whatever) just in case the platform I've used to buy those things suddenly becomes unavailable.
      'Football implies the desire to suffer' - Theodor Adorno
      Football V Homophobia | Football v Homophobia in association with Pride Sports

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Green Cross Code Man View Post

For seemless streaming of games you would need a download speed of around 30mbs wired and with no others taking bandwidth. My area can only get 30 as its top speed, and with others in the household, my games will be laggy.

0 Not allowed!
      £8.99 a month isn't it?

I imagine you could get a second hand console and a bundle of games for what you'd shell out in a year on Stadia.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Washie View Post
      For seemless streaming of games you would need a download speed of around 30mbs wired and with no others taking bandwidth. My area can only get 30 as its top speed, and with others in the household, my games will be laggy.
      I have a fast enough connection to get 4k, I think you are right that wired is better though. Interesting that Google intends to run it on a TV with a Chromecast Ultra.

Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      £8.99 a month isn't it?

I imagine you could get a second hand console and a bundle of games for what you'd shell out in a year on Stadia.
      Yeah, that's true. I am attracted by the pretty graphics lol. Google has let out that there will also be separate fees for individual software companies, that would bump the monthly fee up a lot if say you wanted access to one or more of those outside the monthly fee for Stadia. There's quite a lot of criticism as to its cost worthiness. I wonder how good the free service will be?

0 Not allowed!
      Will be interesting to see how Football Manager 2020 plays on Stadia (though you are unlikely to be able to apply mods/graphics etc, at launch anyway).

See: https://community.sigames.com/topic/...google-stadia/

0 Not allowed!
      You'll still have to buy 99% of the available games.
      And by buy, I mean 'permanently' renting from the cloud.

You'll get potentially 1 free game per month with the subscription.

My advice would be to save your pennies and wait for further news on xbox and their upcoming console and cloud streaming service, which will likely be better imo.