Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Feels like Montoya isn't getting credit

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Yes he failed to unload the player on the wing (and there were more mistakes after that by other players) but he had great stats and when the rest of the team were flagging in the last 10 minutes, Montoya was still going.

93rd minute - received the ball in a central attacking position. Never. Stopped. Running. 4 successful tackles, 1 key pass, loved his work on Saturday.

If you're interested in a more considered view of the game, I'd strongly recommend this brilliant podcast - http://togetherbha.com/2019/08/19/episode-46-west-ham-southampton/ from TogetherBHA.

Some people have appreciated this, but many not appreciating the engine on this man. Will get better and better is my guess.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Mmm...thought he received lots of praise. He's a 'yes' from me :shrug:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Playing well but still worried what an injury to him may do. Would rather he had competition also.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Mmm...thought he received lots of praise. He's a 'yes' from me :shrug:

I mentioned this on another thread and quite a few came on to tell me that he was unconvincing and a liability. People even popping up on the Unshackled thread to criticise him. He's not beyond reproach, but did well. Exciting times.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I mentioned this on another thread and quite a few came on to tell me that he was unconvincing and a liability. People even popping up on the Unshackled thread to criticise him. He's not beyond reproach, but did well. Exciting times.

Yes, I agree. :thumbsup:

Apologies, I thought I had seen a shift of weft on NSC in this regards. P'raps not. There are some strange people on here. Very strange indeed :lolol:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Calculated risk pushing him forward in the last ten minutes. Doesn't do the nerves any good from East Lower F.

He found space to receive a pass as well as Bruno and looked to pass forward more often.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Good player, one of many that have been released from their shells.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Yes he failed to unload the player on the wing (and there were more mistakes after that by other players) but he had great stats and when the rest of the team were flagging in the last 10 minutes, Montoya was still going.

93rd minute - received the ball in a central attacking position. Never. Stopped. Running. 4 successful tackles, 1 key pass, loved his work on Saturday.

If you're interested in a more considered view of the game, I'd strongly recommend this brilliant podcast - http://togetherbha.com/2019/08/19/episode-46-west-ham-southampton/ from TogetherBHA.

Some people have appreciated this, but many not appreciating the engine on this man. Will get better and better is my guess.

Crikey this is the second week in a row someone on here has recommended my podcast. Thank you very much mate, means a lot!

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I thought he was very good on saturday and a bit surprised at some of the negative comments. Also, from what I saw, he was a proper attacking threat against Watford.
Seems to me, like Solly, he really suits the system and should only get better.
I admit though that most of his good moments happened near me while his most obvious mistake (s?) was at the other end, so that may have influenced my view.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Gave the ball away for the West Ham goal. Cheaply. Unforgivable. Thought we were past that. Evidently not.

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
Andone's goal against Watford showed us something we hadn't seen from him under Hughton (this is not a dig at Hughton), but his movement and interplay with Gross and Propper, once he passed, he moved and dragged the defender away and opened up space.

I like him, I feel this system really suits him. I'm also intrigued to see Schelotto in this role, but it's exciting.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Gave the ball away for the West Ham goal. Cheaply. Unforgivable. Thought we were past that. Evidently not.

Players will always give the ball away; he did so in the opposition half whilst trying to start an attack in order to find a winner having intercepted and controlled and tricky ball.

Under our new style, that has to be forgivable or we may as well ban defenders from crossing the half way line.

He looks much better at wing back and Potter has given him the confidence to push forward knowing that Duffy should have his back.

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA
Didn't deliver a cross past about 12 yards, didn't make it to the byline once, gave away the ball for their goal. Shame as he had an amazing first game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here