Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Making the perfect cuppa.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sainsbury extra strength.

In a pot it is 4 bags plus one bag of Chai. Boiling filtered water from the Franke. Onto the hob at mark 3. After a minute squeeze the bags individually and bin.

Pour. Add lacto-free semi skimmed.

Drink.

You get 3 cups from my pot. Drink within ten mins.

For a one cup, add one bag of the Sainsbury and hot water then milk. But it is better in the pot with a hint of chai.

Sugar? That's for kids.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I did boiling water + teabag followed by milk, but if you're in certain regions that order forms a scummy layer on the top. I think it's hard water, but we don't get it in Sussex.

Tapwater here is unboilable owing to the calcium. I filtered my water for 20 years using Brita, but now have a Franke system inline. No scum on my tea.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
It infuses fine if you strain the bag with the back of the spoon. The tea has a more creamy texture, it's less watery.

It also reduces the temperature that the tea leaves are exposed to, which effects the taste (for the better IMO).

& It prevents a skin forming on the top.

TRUST ME.

Spot on. Milk in first is the future.

Ideally filtered water to prevent scuzz but milk in first guarantees, no matter the water quality, that you have a scuzz free tea.

And on the topic of brands It has to be Yorkshire first, Tetley second and PG a distant third.

If you want a decent cuppa on the railway the place on the London bound platform at Lewes makes a proper brew with loose leaf tea and milk in first.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was always brought up to the fact that you have to add boiling water to the teabag/leaves whichever and you only added milk first if you made it in a pot and then poureed it out. As slight side move my wife always adds milk first if making instant coffee as she says the hot water burns the coffee granuales if added before the milk, who am I to argue.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Milk. Not too much. Tea Bag, Water to 4/5 way up the cup/mug. Leave a decent amount of time. bag out. strong cuppa guaranteed. Drinking tea, weak and/or milky will be a capital crime in my version of Gilead.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Firstly, and most important, no sugar.

Warm cup
Add tea bag
Add boiling water
Stir and allow to infuse (bloody mature you dick)
Remove tea bag
Add milk
drink hot!

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Always use a pot, preferably with an infuser.
Preferably use loose leaf tea.
Darjeeling whenever possible.
Brew to taste.
Transfer tea to cup (never a mug).
No milk needed, avoid sugar at all costs.
Ayethenkew!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I'm very particular about my tea - possibly with no kidneys I'm limited how much I can drink so I make the most of every cup I can have.

A cup must be very hot and strong. For a tea bag I pour on the boiling water from the kettle - the water must be fresh, so empty the kettle before I add new water - and leave the water on the tea bag for 4 minutes. Then remove the bag and add a little milk. There's no point leaving the bag in once the milk is added, you get nothing more out of the bag, the milks lipid molecules clog up the bag holes.

Drink while still very hot.

Not many people in this country make a decent cup. Sod coffee, I don't drink it.

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
the only time milk can go in first is if the tea is brewing in a teapot

the other additions i would make :

A) empty the kettle - swill out the hard water crunchy bits
2) add fresh water to kettle - enough for you cup(s) - lets save energy guys
iii) place Albion Mug 4 to 5 feet away from the cuboard that has the teabags stored
d) turn on kettle
5) throw teabags from container into Albion mug (s) from distance
VI) note you only have until the kettle boils to get 1 teabag into each cup
g) pour boiling water on the teabag in Albion mug(s)
8) pick up missed shots and place back into teabag container

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm very particular about my tea - possibly with no kidneys I'm limited how much I can drink so I make the most of every cup I can have.

A cup must be very hot and strong. For a tea bag I pour on the boiling water from the kettle - the water must be fresh, so empty the kettle before I add new water - and leave the water on the tea bag for 4 minutes. Then remove the bag and add a little milk. There's no point leaving the bag in once the milk is added, you get nothing more out of the bag, the milks lipid molecules clog up the bag holes.

Not many people in this country make a decent cup. Sod coffee, I don't drink it.

I don't mean to brag, but I'm often getting compliments on my tea using the above method. Milk and teabag should never share the same cup.

It's also vital that you ask how much milk people want. I've had 'customers' asking for anything from a drop (literally a drop – I couldn't quite believe it) to making it almost like hot milk. :thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
For me, hot water on the tea bag of tea leaves, leave to mature, add milk for a strong cup of tea.
Ideally, loose leaves, but teabags are handy, so whatever.

Don't bother warming your pot, unless to stop it cracking.

For English black tea:
Fresh water, bring just to the boil, pour over leaves/teabag.
Leave to brew (time depends on particular tea choice). Don't fiddle with it.
Put a dash of milk in your mug
Pour tea into milk

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I don't mean to brag, but I'm often getting compliments on my tea using the above method. Milk and teabag should never share the same cup.

It's also vital that you ask how much milk people want. I've had 'customers' asking for anything from a drop (literally a drop – I couldn't quite believe it) to making it almost like hot milk. :thumbsup:

Marry me !

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
The only time milk could ever be put in the cup first is if the tea has been brewed in a teapot. And even then you would have to be a good judge. So tea always, always, first.

If using a teabag, good quality, none of yer rubbish, boiling water on to the teabag, concentrate on strength of tea, then the milk. And sugar for me, Canderel actually now as two sugars x 6 cups of tea per day was a lot of sugar.

Coffee you can shove up yer flue. This country didn't win wars by drinking poncy coffee. "Fancy a brew Stan". "Well, actually could I have a latte or Flat White George"? Blam !!!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Leave the teabag in with just a splash of milk (soya for 2 years now)

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The only time milk could ever be put in the cup first is if the tea has been brewed in a teapot.
Yes, the tea has to be brewed separately.
And even then you would have to be a good judge. So tea always, always, first.
It tastes different if the milk is added to the tea, it's better to add the tea to the milk.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

I'm guessing you're on permanent dialysis?
If so, I know how hard it must be, having a father in law who sucks on ice cubes, which is included in his daily liquid intake.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here