Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Sussexes,can we Boot Them ?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
To be honest I don't think he was going on about the colour of her skin or the fact she's American. More than likely it's to do with the fact that they're going on a lot lately about climate change etc. Yet their they are jetting around the world. Now that doesn't bother me but when you are dictating to others about carbon footprints wouldn't you think it necessary to lead by example? As for it being paid by Elton John is not the point he was making. You carry on though assuming it has racist undertones though if you like.

Quite right melias. Still the PC hunters thought I was being, well UnPc!

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I don't give a toss what colour she is, or how they live their lives. It's bad enough they put soap operas on telly, now they want to sully the name of a couple whose crime seems to be no more than being known

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
There seems to have been a strange shift in the media's attitude to Harry and Meghan which has seemed to have conjured up a lot of negative publicity out of nowhere and, is expanding for no apparent reason ? .

It's bizarre isn't it. I think the written media are very much like sheep - they see one publication getting sales or clicks from a story and they all want a slice of the pie. Suddenly every low end hack is making up stories and angles to try and sell their fictitious soap opera to the public. Add a couple of quotes from an unnamed source or "insider", job done you can publish what you like.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's bizarre isn't it. I think the written media are very much like sheep - they see one publication getting sales or clicks from a story and they all want a slice of the pie. Suddenly every low end hack is making up stories and angles to try and sell their fictitious soap opera to the public. Add a couple of quotes from an unnamed source or "insider", job done you can publish what you like.

It does seem like this is happening, strange it is too when the real story is Prince Andrew.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Anyone who thought that our tabloid media would let one of our royal family marry someone who they consider to have impure blood is naive or willfully ignorant about the nature of our tabloid media. Yes, they had to give her a grace period with the hype about the wedding then the baby due to their overwhelming public support, but the earliest possible time the tabloids could get the knives out, they got them out.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
My my some cynical buggers on here. Maybe the criticism is that they appear to be taking the 'holier than thou' piss. Instead you lot see conspiracies and use them for unjustifield 'Fact' calling. Lovely. I am a royalist.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My my some cynical buggers on here. Maybe the criticism is that they appear to be taking the 'holier than thou' piss. Instead you lot see conspiracies and use them for unjustifield 'Fact' calling. Lovely. I am a royalist.

No, conspiracies, just a lot more knowledge about what the media is doing in general. That's the problem with being retired, I have time to look at all sorts of things online.

Just look at this trash in the Daily Express.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/roya...e-Harry-Dan-Wootton-latest-royal-family-video

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
No, conspiracies, just a lot more knowledge about what the media is doing in general. That's the problem with being retired, I have time to look at all sorts of things online.

Of course you come to a conclusion which forms YOUR opinion. :wave:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
To be honest I don't think he was going on about the colour of her skin or the fact she's American. More than likely it's to do with the fact that they're going on a lot lately about climate change etc. Yet their they are jetting around the world. Now that doesn't bother me but when you are dictating to others about carbon footprints wouldn't you think it necessary to lead by example?
If you're travelling round the world (some for pleasure, sure, but also for business) how the f*** do you travel? There ain't no slow boats to China any more. You can't even travel to America except by air (apart from as part of a cruise; pop into NY for 24 hours or whatever).

..........and, as a point of interest, do jumbo jets chuff out more carbon monoxide than the old liners used to do?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here