Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
File with 'NZ school Haka'...

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
What ARE you on about?

Harry had the nerve to marry a mixed race American so the media are panning her. Elton John has tweeted that he paid for the private jet for their holiday with him, not tax payers. Neither was their house renovated from tax payers money as it came from the Crown estate money.

[tweet]1163479337347231748[/tweet]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm finding some of the posters on NSC increasingly disturbing.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Harry had the nerve to marry a mixed race American so the media are panning her. Elton John has tweeted that he paid for the private jet for their holiday with him, not tax payers. Neither was their house renovated from tax payers money as it came from the Crown estate money.

Funny that most arguments about it I have seen relates to the 'do as I say, not as I do' hypocite aspect not skin colour. Hey ho though, if you say so!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

There seems to have been a strange shift in the media's attitude to Harry and Meghan which has seemed to have conjured up a lot of negative publicity out of nowhere and, is expanding for no apparent reason ? I think they make a nice couple but because they have made a statement or two on how they intend to live their life together suddenly they are described as " awkward ", this is all very strange when compared to the unravelling reputation of Prince Andrew and his highly dubious private life which seems to have received much less scrutiny .

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Funny that most arguments about it I have seen relates to the 'do as I say, not as I do' hypocite aspect not skin colour. Hey ho though, if you say so!

There has been a lot more criticism of them in the media, not just about this particular holiday (which has been misrepresented in any case)

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton

Well they did criticise her for not using the traditional nail varnish colour that the white women in the royal family use. Ignoring that if you have darker skin you will use different colours, they knew she was going to because of this and then slammed her for it. Definitely is an agenda here.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There seems to have been a strange shift in the media's attitude to Harry and Meghan which has seemed to have conjured up a lot of negative publicity out of nowhere and, is expanding for no apparent reason ? I think they make a nice couple but because they have made a statement or two on how they intend to live their life together suddenly they are described as " awkward ", this is all very strange when compared to the unravelling reputation of Prince Andrew and his highly dubious private life which seems to have received much less scrutiny .

It'll be 'uppity' next......

SussexSeahawk

Jun 2, 2016

Just because race isn't mentioned doesn't mean it's not a factor. Trump questioning Obama's birthplace doesn't directly reference Obama's race but only an idiot can't see that Trump wouldn't have questioned Obama's place of birth if he was white. Obviously there aren't stories such as "We don't like Meghan because she's mixed-race", but it is easy to subtly shift the tone of articles to become critical when they otherwise wouldn't be

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010

To be honest I don't think he was going on about the colour of her skin or the fact she's American. More than likely it's to do with the fact that they're going on a lot lately about climate change etc. Yet their they are jetting around the world. Now that doesn't bother me but when you are dictating to others about carbon footprints wouldn't you think it necessary to lead by example? As for it being paid by Elton John is not the point he was making. You carry on though assuming it has racist undertones though if you like.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
To be honest I don't think he was going on about the colour of her skin or the fact she's American. More than likely it's to do with the fact that they're going on a lot lately about climate change etc. Yet their they are jetting around the world. Now that doesn't bother me but when you are dictating to others about carbon footprints wouldn't you think it necessary to lead by example? As for it being paid by Elton John is not the point he was making. You carry on though assuming it has racist undertones though if you like.

There has been a lot of media criticism, not just about their holiday, but which hospital Archie was born in, the clothes the Duchess wears, her article with Vogue. I don't have to assume, the agenda within the media is there for all to see (if they want to)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here