View Poll Results: How is Boris Johnson doing?

Voters
265. You may not vote on this poll
  • Better than expected

80 30.19%
  • As expected

105 39.62%
  • Worse than expected

80 30.19%
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast
    Members

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Professors View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was a bit puzzled by that,but as he's not the brightest spark in the anti-democracy crew,I gave him the benefit of the doubt.As he's a bit of a yokel,perhaps it's this type of thing,with banjos playing.

Attachment 114523

Oh,and Boris is doing an excellent job so far.Corbyn is so confident in him,he's clearing off to Ghana for a jolly.
    As usual, the thickest of the thickos spouts even more ignorant drivel.
    Your mother probably gave birth to you on a toilet.
    She should have flushed it.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Waynflete View Post
      Johnson is currently engaged in an elaborate and sustained blame-shifting exercise.

Heís making proposals to the EU that he knows they canít accept, and making promises to everyone else that he knows he will not keep.

All this so that, when we crash out with no deal and it all goes to shit, he can blame other people for the mess. Then he can run an election campaign claiming to be the one to clear that mess up.

To be clear, he doesnít give a toss about the effect of all this on ordinary people. He just cares about winning the next election. Tragedy is, it might work. But there is no doubt that he is cynical and almost pathologically untrustworthy.

So yeah, as expected really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Dear oh dear.
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Kalimantan Gull View Post
      I'm still a little confused about whether Boris is being strategically cunning or allowing himself to be boxed into a hopeless cul-de-sac...

From the outset it seemed apparent that Boris' strategy would be to go to Brussels, return and claim that May's deal was completely re-negotiated - whereas the actual difference would be as cosmetic as changing the name of the Backstop - and then getting this passed in Westminster. Hey presto, Boris the hero. Up until yesterday I was starting to doubt this, until yes, he writes a letter to Donald Tusk saying the Backstop needs to be changed into something completely different, which will allow frictionless grade to continue with no border infrastructure whilst alternative arrangements are developed, with a commitment to protect both sides if nothing is put in place by the end of the transition period...... hmmmm, so basically the Backstop again.....

So the ingredients are there to get May's renamed deal passed by October 31st, we leave, the no-confidence vote is defeated and any general election is on Boris' terms

OR... the other point of view....

Despite the willingness by Boris to do a deal, the forces he has surrounded himself with, Cummings, Rees-Mogg, Raab, Patel, Duncan-Smith - these guys want the No Deal crash out, they are relishing it, and they are forcing him to posture and blame the EU and break down relations until it becomes hopeless.....

The fall-out of this is inevitable.... Inevitable defeat in a no-confidence vote, inevitable election or 'government of national unity', high probability that the Tories lose, either punished for having crashed out with No Deal or punished for not leaving... and Boris is PM for just a couple of months .... He must know this, but can he stop it?

While this would be remarkable and must-watch TV, I can't believe it will actually happen. My money is still on the first scenario.
      Its a roller coaster ride when you have a belly full of wine, a nose full of China White, and a former deb on noshing duties.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA
      It's only them that aren't their targets that love the violent and the madmen
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MLijS6Cstk

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Surrey Phil View Post
      These political threads are becoming very tedious. May as well just have a poll on what we all think of Crystal Palaceís performances.
      This. Brexiteers will say great, remainers will say sh1te and everyopne else wont even bother.....
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Amen

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Nixonator View Post
      Dear oh dear.
      Itís awful, isnít it?

Two Mad Professors Two Professors's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Chopper View Post
      As usual, the thickest of the thickos spouts even more ignorant drivel.
      Your mother probably gave birth to you on a toilet.
      She should have flushed it.
      That wasn't bad for a yokel.Must be school holidays still,as you obviously had help.What a chopper!
      If you have mental problems,it might be good manners to tell me before you start the abuse.Thank you.
      "I can only beat what's in front of me" he says.Maybe too much has caused your problem.Are you myopic as well?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Waynflete View Post
      Johnson is currently engaged in an elaborate and sustained blame-shifting exercise.

Heís making proposals to the EU that he knows they canít accept, and making promises to everyone else that he knows he will not keep.

All this so that, when we crash out with no deal and it all goes to shit, he can blame other people for the mess. Then he can run an election campaign claiming to be the one to clear that mess up.

To be clear, he doesnít give a toss about the effect of all this on ordinary people. He just cares about winning the next election. Tragedy is, it might work. But there is no doubt that he is cynical and almost pathologically untrustworthy.

So yeah, as expected really.

**** me, whatís it like waking up in a gallon of piss soaked into your bedding?
      Members
      somewhere between Worcestershire, Somerset or Amsterdam

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by B-right-on View Post
      This. Brexiteers will say great, remainers will say sh1te and everyopne else wont even bother.....
      Shite
      1959/60 - 2018/19
      60 seasons following the Albion
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Run View Post
      **** me, whatís it like waking up in a gallon of piss soaked into your bedding?
      Thank you for your thoughtful and erudite response.