Votes: 80 30.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
As I have said before, if I call a leaver thick and gullible people like you complain. But, you really don’t make it easy for me with posts like this.

Why not put up a decent argument against his post rather than call him thick ?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
As I have said before, if I call a leaver thick and gullible people like you complain. But, you really don’t make it easy for me with posts like this.

Awwww come on HT, you know deep down he's exceeded your admittedly low expectations. A good yardstick of his effectiveness is how often the usual suspects complain about him .... currently, the #teameu crew are mortified!

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
60912530_2283538401703928_7327140312063672320_n.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It's not exactly that he has done much wildly good, but I have found politics has become refreshingly calm - compared to the situation under May which was absolute non-stop chaos and confusion.

You're aware Parliament has been in recess for the last few weeks ?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Well, his letter to the EU hasn't gone down with resounding success has it? And not surprised really, as all he has said is 'alternative arrangements instead', which is what Theresa May was sent off to the EU by Parliament to discuss, only to come back with nothing. Boris will undoubtedly say 'all EU's fault' now, for not re-engaging with his 'big new plan' - when all he has really done is regurgitated something they've already rejected, presumably in the knowledge that they'll just reject it again. But he'll sell it as a new attempt and pull the wool over the eyes of the gullible, and probably get away with it again.

So - much as expected really. Full of hot air, and spin.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Thanks to the summer recess he's not really done anything other than tour the country promising the cash that we have never had until two months ago.

He is now threatening a calamitous No Deal Brexit that will turn the country in to Venezuela. Ironically, this was the threat the Tories always accused Labour policies of delivering for the country!

Sadly a bit of waffle,some Latin quotes and contrived gags does not a Prime Minister make.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Why would anybody want to fight the A303?

I was a bit puzzled by that,but as he's not the brightest spark in the anti-democracy crew,I gave him the benefit of the doubt.As he's a bit of a yokel,perhaps it's this type of thing,with banjos playing.:hilton::rock::rock:

duelling choppers.png

Oh,and Boris is doing an excellent job so far.Corbyn is so confident in him,he's clearing off to Ghana for a jolly.:)

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I'm still a little confused about whether Boris is being strategically cunning or allowing himself to be boxed into a hopeless cul-de-sac...

From the outset it seemed apparent that Boris' strategy would be to go to Brussels, return and claim that May's deal was completely re-negotiated - whereas the actual difference would be as cosmetic as changing the name of the Backstop - and then getting this passed in Westminster. Hey presto, Boris the hero. Up until yesterday I was starting to doubt this, until yes, he writes a letter to Donald Tusk saying the Backstop needs to be changed into something completely different, which will allow frictionless grade to continue with no border infrastructure whilst alternative arrangements are developed, with a commitment to protect both sides if nothing is put in place by the end of the transition period...... hmmmm, so basically the Backstop again.....

So the ingredients are there to get May's renamed deal passed by October 31st, we leave, the no-confidence vote is defeated and any general election is on Boris' terms

OR... the other point of view....

Despite the willingness by Boris to do a deal, the forces he has surrounded himself with, Cummings, Rees-Mogg, Raab, Patel, Duncan-Smith - these guys want the No Deal crash out, they are relishing it, and they are forcing him to posture and blame the EU and break down relations until it becomes hopeless.....

The fall-out of this is inevitable.... Inevitable defeat in a no-confidence vote, inevitable election or 'government of national unity', high probability that the Tories lose, either punished for having crashed out with No Deal or punished for not leaving... and Boris is PM for just a couple of months .... He must know this, but can he stop it?

While this would be remarkable and must-watch TV, I can't believe it will actually happen. My money is still on the first scenario.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Bit of a bad question, really.

A person who naturally disagrees with him, and expects him to do terribly, who thinks he's do a terrible job would have to answer 'as expected'
A person who naturally agrees with him, and expects him to do well, who thinks he's doing a good job would also have to answer 'as expected'

I expected him to be awful, and he is far, far worse than I ever expected.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
These political threads are becoming very tedious. May as well just have a poll on what we all think of Crystal Palace’s performances. :ohmy:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
You're aware Parliament has been in recess for the last few weeks ?

I'm not sure that would have made much difference if TM was still PM.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Johnson is currently engaged in an elaborate and sustained blame-shifting exercise.

He’s making proposals to the EU that he knows they can’t accept, and making promises to everyone else that he knows he will not keep.

All this so that, when we crash out with no deal and it all goes to shit, he can blame other people for the mess. Then he can run an election campaign claiming to be the one to clear that mess up.

To be clear, he doesn’t give a toss about the effect of all this on ordinary people. He just cares about winning the next election. Tragedy is, it might work. But there is no doubt that he is cynical and almost pathologically untrustworthy.

So yeah, as expected really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I'm still a little confused about whether Boris is being strategically cunning or allowing himself to be boxed into a hopeless cul-de-sac...

From the outset it seemed apparent that Boris' strategy would be to go to Brussels, return and claim that May's deal was completely re-negotiated - whereas the actual difference would be as cosmetic as changing the name of the Backstop - and then getting this passed in Westminster. Hey presto, Boris the hero. Up until yesterday I was starting to doubt this, until yes, he writes a letter to Donald Tusk saying the Backstop needs to be changed into something completely different, which will allow frictionless grade to continue with no border infrastructure whilst alternative arrangements are developed, with a commitment to protect both sides if nothing is put in place by the end of the transition period...... hmmmm, so basically the Backstop again.....

So the ingredients are there to get May's renamed deal passed by October 31st, we leave, the no-confidence vote is defeated and any general election is on Boris' terms

OR... the other point of view....

Despite the willingness by Boris to do a deal, the forces he has surrounded himself with, Cummings, Rees-Mogg, Raab, Patel, Duncan-Smith - these guys want the No Deal crash out, they are relishing it, and they are forcing him to posture and blame the EU and break down relations until it becomes hopeless.....

The fall-out of this is inevitable.... Inevitable defeat in a no-confidence vote, inevitable election or 'government of national unity', high probability that the Tories lose, either punished for having crashed out with No Deal or punished for not leaving... and Boris is PM for just a couple of months .... He must know this, but can he stop it?

While this would be remarkable and must-watch TV, I can't believe it will actually happen. My money is still on the first scenario.

Or the third scenario - posture on and on about 'no deal', to the extent that Parliament steps in and stops it all. Boris then says 'it's either no deal or revoke article 50', and goes for a second referendum on that. Revoke article 50 wins, and Brexit doesn't happen. Which is, after all, what Boris was wanting in his other newspaper article that he didn't publish as he saw greater opportunities for himself in opposing Cameron at the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here