• As expected

Votes: 104 39.4%
  • Worse than expected

Votes: 80 30.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

luge

Dec 18, 2010
Like him or not about the only chance of getting us out of this permanent limbo thats ****ing up the economy and leaving every other issue on the back burner. Not an out voter but out means out. If not its the end of democracy and will lead to every decision being taken to court, protested against and argued back and forth. Nobody is ever going to be 100% happy with the decision so what shall we do argue and debate it until one side gets their way only for the other side to then block everything. The billions wasted so far are probably of little concern to Corbyn, the no mark greens and SNP who just want to point score.

They all needed to get together make most of a shit situation but have instead acted like children who didn't get what they wanted for Christmas.

Killing business, the pound and all the other problems in the country and not even on the agenda. Unfortunately, 51.9% voted out so it needs to be carried out sooner rather than later.

How can it be the above people's fault when the economy has nosedived, the arse has been ripped out of Britain when that was exactly what was predicted to happen in lieu of a leave vote?

Furthermore, they are acting to stop it from becoming worse rather than better.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
How can it be the above people's fault when the economy has nosedived, the arse has been ripped out of Britain when that was exactly what was predicted to happen in lieu of a leave vote?

Furthermore, they are acting to stop it from becoming worse rather than better.

And when they get their way and the leavers do everything to stop them we will remain in this limbo which is going to do more harm than either in or out. Wanted to remain but the way people have acted after losing the vote is embarrassing like spoilt kids not getting their way.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
And when they get their way and the leavers do everything to stop them we will remain in this limbo which is going to do more harm than either in or out. Wanted to remain but the way people have acted after losing the vote is embarrassing like spoilt kids not getting their way.

It's not the losing of the vote that hurts, it's the deception that necessarily had to be employed to get Brexit over the line. If there was no £350 million to the NHS, Turkey, sovereignty of Parliament being restored, they need us more than we need them etc, Cambridge Analytica - and a dash of Yellowhammer realism thrown in - you're looking at 55-45 Remain.

I always wondered how Hitler could have possibly risen to power but the 2016 EU Referendum and aftermath shows how people can be manipulated.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
It's not the losing of the vote that hurts, it's the deception that necessarily had to be employed to get Brexit over the line. If there was no £350 million to the NHS, Turkey, sovereignty of Parliament being restored, they need us more than we need them etc, Cambridge Analytica - and a dash of Yellowhammer realism thrown in - you're looking at 55-45 Remain.

I always wondered how Hitler could have possibly risen to power but the 2016 EU Referendum and aftermath shows how people can be manipulated.

Your seriously comparing this to the rise of the Nazi party :lolol: Best get out on the street rounding up 51.9% of the country as they are Nazis

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Your seriously comparing this to the rise of the Nazi party :lolol: Best get out on the street rounding up 51.9% of the country as they are Nazis

Really? :facepalm:

You clearly don't understand that he is comparing the process of how the Nazis took over, not that everyone that voted Brexit is a nazi.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oct 31. Boris has 'done his best' to get a deal. There is no deal. Parliament has made a law we can't leave with no deal.

So what does the EU do?

Boris has to ask for an extension. He needs to be persuasive. He won't be persuasive.

So the EU say 'no'.

Then what?

We hard Brexit.

Then Corbyn forces a no confidence vote for A GE.

Brexit party irrelevant (since we have left).

Boris wins.

So who's stupid now?

Someone please explain to me how this won't happen. Please!!!!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Really? :facepalm:

You clearly don't understand that he is comparing the process of how the Nazis took over, not that everyone that voted Brexit is a nazi.

The Nazis took over because proportional representation gave them some seats and credibility. The Lord* protect me from PR

I'm obviously talking Jon Lord, here, legendary organist with Deep Purple. Only he can save us.

Oh bugger... R.I.P. keyboard virtuoso, and R.I.P. the future (which no longer belongs to me).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Nonsense. May got a deal. It was blocked by the ERG. There are countless remain MPs who have accepted the result (leave). That has included Corbyn. No, after all the cockwomblry, enough is enough. The Brexit clan cannot deliver, except a hard Brexit (which was never advertised).

FFS. If I am declared unwell, I can accept that. I cannot accept, however, that since the people who diagnosed me as unwell cannot think how to treat me that I should embrace death. FFS.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Wow hit a nerve with a few people. Let me just say that I voted remain, I own a business that has been affected by all this. Ive got to ride it out and pay people’s wages. I also deal with plenty of small to medium business owners that have been struggling with all this uncertainty. Most of us are 20-30 % down but hey that’s fine that doesn’t matter.

Limbo is not an option and that’s what it will be until people accept the democratic decision and work on the best way to move forward rather than political point scoring and pointless demands for a re vote. We need to get on with it and make the best of a bad situation.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Nonsense. May got a deal. It was blocked by the ERG. There are countless remain MPs who have accepted the result (leave). That has included Corbyn. No, after all the cockwomblry, enough is enough. The Brexit clan cannot deliver, except a hard Brexit (which was never advertised).

FFS. If I am declared unwell, I can accept that. I cannot accept, however, that since the people who diagnosed me as unwell cannot think how to treat me that I should embrace death. FFS.

Nonsense and likening it to death. Are you into amateur dramatics?

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Oct 31. Boris has 'done his best' to get a deal. There is no deal. Parliament has made a law we can't leave with no deal.

So what does the EU do?

Boris has to ask for an extension. He needs to be persuasive. He won't be persuasive.

So the EU say 'no'.

Then what?

We hard Brexit.

Boris wins.

So who's stupid now?

The EU wants us to stay, so even though some individual countries may posture about not extending, it is likely that they will extend in the hope that a General Election might change the maths. (IMHO)

LVGull

May 13, 2016

So what does the EU do?

So the EU say 'no'.

Then what?

We hard Brexit.

Boris wins.

So who's stupid now?

This is what I can’t understand. But I don’t think the EU want us to leave with a No Deal.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nonsense and likening it to death. Are you into amateur dramatics?

No. I am curious how things will pan out.

But what I said is correct. The fact we haven't left yet is NOT due to remainers. Remainers are not in power. Fact.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Is that the level of intelligence this debate has sunk to? Good grief.

I know. First Prettyboyshaw says your instead of you're, then you respond by ending a sentence with a preposition. It's anarchy I tell you.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Wow hit a nerve with a few people.

Not really, somebody made a point about populist politics which was fair but you misinterpreted.

Similar to how Wilf Self was misinterpreted when he said the Brexit debate has become intertwined with Nationalism and how most Nationalists (and racists) probably voted for Brexit (*)

That's true, but that doesn't mean everyone who voted for Brexit is a racist in the same way the millions who voted for Hitler weren't all Nazis.

(*) This is the oddest thing of course, since the reality is that non EU immigration will increase after Brexit, the wheels are already in motion. You can predict the reaction, some people saying they actually voted for a halt on immigration and Parliament has lied to them.

Last edited:

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Not really, somebody made a point about populist politics which was fair but you misinterpreted.

Similar to how Wilf Self was misinterpreted when he said the Brexit debate has become intertwined with Nationalism and how most Nationalists (and racists) probably voted for Brexit.

That's true, but that doesn't mean everyone who voted for Brexit is a racist.

I don’t think I was the person associating Brexit to the rise of the Nazi party. I’m fully aware people who voted out aren’t Nazi’s but thank you for reconfirming it. I’m simply pointing out that under the laws and rules we live under we have to accept the democratic vote rather than do our very best to delay postpone or overturn a democratic decision leaving the country in a damaging stalemate for years. This isn’t the time for political point scoring and acting like children that haven’t got their own way. It’s the time to do what the majority voted then move on build the economy and tackle the many other problems with have in the country that are currently being put on the back burner.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I don’t think I was the person associating Brexit to the rise of the Nazi party. I’m fully aware people who voted out aren’t Nazi’s but thank you for reconfirming it. I’m simply pointing out that under the laws and rules we live under we have to accept the democratic vote rather than do our very best to delay postpone or overturn a democratic decision leaving the country in a damaging stalemate for years. This isn’t the time for political point scoring and acting like children that haven’t got their own way. It’s the time to do what the majority voted then move on build the economy and tackle the many other problems with have in the country that are currently being put on the back burner.

The referendum was neither democratic nor binding. It is an affront to democracy

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
This isn’t the time for political point scoring and acting like children that haven’t got their own way. It’s the time to do what the majority voted then move on build the economy and tackle the many other problems with have in the country that are currently being put on the back burner.

Which is my particularly problem with "Brexit" because leaving the EU has been hijacked by others with a quite different political agenda.

Unfortunately the likes of Rees Mogg and particularly Raab don't really think too much about what you perceive as problems in this country.

They have a problem with workers rights, working hours, disability benefits etc.. whether the EU have any influence or not. They need it out the way.

The irony of course is their plan is to transform the UK into low regulation tax haven that heavily relies on cheap foreign labour.

The plan involves a period of disruption which conveniently no-deal gives them, although disruption was always part of the plan. Ask Rees Mogg's favourite economist.

Raab in particularly is a frightening politician. Unfortunately the media has become obsessed with the Brexit issue and hasn't really challenged the views of those who have taken over the Tory party. This isn't a return to the "nasty" Tory party of the 1980s, it's Tebbit++.

They didn't want those 21 MPs out just because of Brexit, they simply weren't right wing enough for them.

Obviously the same thing has happened in the Labour Party with it's lurch to the left, but it hasn't purged like Cummings did.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here