Votes: 104 39.4%
  • Worse than expected

Votes: 80 30.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
This has just tickled me all morning, how can they ever let him lose around the streets of the UK, he will be doorstepped by all day long.

[tweet]1169664123745054727[/tweet]

When I first watched that clip I thought it had been dubbed. I'm still not entirely convinced that it hasn't been, to be honest. The clarity of the voices is very clear for one thing – unless it's been picked up on a mic that Johnson is wearing?

ALBION28

Jul 26, 2011
DONCASTER
Although I am naturally left of centre, your opinions are spectacularly similar to mine.

In fact, I feel terrible about myself that I was so anti-Major/Clarke back in the 1990s. What was I thinking? Oh for the same level of competence, honestly and decency on the front benches now. If Major ran the Tories now, I'd be there like a shot.
Like you are am centre left. As I recall Majors government fell due to corruption so not a great example As for Corbyn I do not fall for the right wing media attack on Labours leader. Being up there in age I recall the same was said by the tory press of Gaitskell, Wilson, Callaghan , Foot, Kinnock, Smith and now Corbyn . I leave out Blair as they loved the pink tory. I prefer not to listen to clips taken out of concept or Corbyn's head stuck on a chicken aka the 'sun' nonsense but listen to the man himself, in full. He will get my vote.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
When I first watched that clip I thought it had been dubbed. I'm still not entirely convinced that it hasn't been, to be honest. The clarity of the voices is very clear for one thing – unless it's been picked up on a mic that Johnson is wearing?

It's from the BBC1 6 o'clock news, in fact they have a longer clip of another person hounding him. I suppose the BBC drama department is going to be busy setting up and editing all these clips throughout an election campaign. If people cannot see him for the British Trump he is, we are doomed I say.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49601640

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Jan 30, 2008
Anyone who follows the EU referendum result has to be admired amongst all the stains, stallers and time wasters in Parliament, the public will show them up for what they are.....

LEAVE MEANS LEAVE
Regards
DG

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
This has just tickled me all morning, how can they ever let him lose around the streets of the UK, he will be doorstepped all day long.

[tweet]1169664123745054727[/tweet]
It is a classy move. I would love to tell the PM how he has inspired me to action and then ask him where would he like me to start digging the ditch?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I voted “as expected” as I expected him to be utterly ****ing dreadful and useless, and somehow he’s managed to be even worse than that.

Comfortably the most incompetent PM in my lifetime.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Like you are am centre left. As I recall Majors government fell due to corruption so not a great example As for Corbyn I do not fall for the right wing media attack on Labours leader. Being up there in age I recall the same was said by the tory press of Gaitskell, Wilson, Callaghan , Foot, Kinnock, Smith and now Corbyn . I leave out Blair as they loved the pink tory. I prefer not to listen to clips taken out of concept or Corbyn's head stuck on a chicken aka the 'sun' nonsense but listen to the man himself, in full. He will get my vote.

I think this blaming of right wing media is somewhat lazy by many Corbyn fans. It's a very convenient way to brush away criticism of their hero.

I consume very little media. I don't take any newspapers and I barely visit the online sites of our national newspapers. Where I do, it tends to be the Guardian and the Independent - neither renowned for their support of the Conservative Party.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
In fact like when PM Brown was caught out saying 'that bigoted women', PM Johnson you can see is clearly miked up as its part of the Laura Kuenssberg news piece his team have clearly agreed to.

You're right. I didn't see the mic when I watched it before.

ALBION28

Jul 26, 2011
DONCASTER
I think this blaming of right wing media is somewhat lazy by many Corbyn fans. It's a very convenient way to brush away criticism of their hero.

I consume very little media. I don't take any newspapers and I barely visit the online sites of our national newspapers. Where I do, it tends to be the Guardian and the Independent - neither renowned for their support of the Conservative Party.
I am not a fan of Corbyn I just agree with him on a number of issues even I sometimes can disagree but it is most certainly not lazy to take the trouble to observe the media across the nation and indeed the globe in order to get a more balanced view rather rely on our unbalanced media. Travel broadens the horizon, sometimes you need to go out to see in.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Pathological liar, sooner he’s gone the better

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The tweet from MP, Nick Boles (former Tory, now independent), says it all.

"The parliamentary term is less than 3 days old and already the world has discovered what whose of us who have worked with Boris Johnson have always known: he is cowardly, weak, vindictive and without morals. Behold your Prime Minister, ladies and gentlemen."
Knows him inside out and he was his chief of staff when Mayor of London.

It would appear there are very few people he has worked alongside that have a good thing to say.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
To be fair to Corbyn he has tried to be consistent for 3 years. He hasn't seen it as 17m or 16m, he's seen it as 33m almost evenly split. He's looked to respect the portion of the 17m that voted for him, as well as portion of 16m - hence his position of a soft exit, and resisting a second referendum even from the staunchest of pressure from remain within his party. He's looked more statesmanlike this week than perhaps at anytime in his leadership. There are enough people finally thinking he may have been right. The accusations of not picking a side etc. now looking rather hollow as we see a government self destruct because it has done exactly that. At present, he does appear to have enabled a unified opposite with the other parties.

The Torygraph and Sun can cry cowards etc. but it is all sounding very very hollow. This time more than ever polls could be absolutely meaningless leading up to the next election. People are finally getting bored with Brexit and are remembering we have our own country to consider and run. This really is what the next election should be fought on. The opposition is exactly right in resisting this being made a one policy election. There is much more at stake.

Last night on QT Emily Thornberry was pinned down by Fiona Bruce on Labour's Brexit position were they to win an election. As she was floundering the Brexiteer tag-team of Iain Dale and Richard Tyce put the boot in, ridiculing her personal 'Remain' position of getting a deal with the EU then potentially campaigning against Labour's own Deal in a Second Referendum.

Labour cannot continue with their 2017 Manifesto pledge of "honouring the outcome of the 2016 EU Referendum" - whilst simultaneously admitting Remainer sympathies and espousing a Second Referendum - and expect working class voters in Northern constituencies to vote for them and not Boris or The Brexit Party.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Last night on QT Emily Thornberry was pinned down by Fiona Bruce on Labour's Brexit position were they to win an election. As she was floundering the Brexiteer tag-team of Iain Dale and Richard Tyce put the boot in, ridiculing her personal 'Remain' position of getting a deal with the EU then potentially campaigning against Labour's own Deal in a Second Referendum.

Labour cannot continue with their 2017 Manifesto pledge of "honouring the outcome of the 2016 EU Referendum" - whilst simultaneously admitting Remainer sympathies and espousing a Second Referendum - and expect working class voters in Northern constituencies to vote for them and not Boris or The Brexit Party.

I heard her on the radio this morning and felt it worked, but for me it would be like before when the referendum on any agreed deal or Remain happens, any MP can campaign for any camp, so effectively like a free vote.

Like she said they are a democratic party and will back whatever conference backs this month. You will always get members of political partys that disagree with agreed policy.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

This I feel is part of the problem, people can't accept an honest opinion, it has to be a partisan position. I don't have an issue with a policy of negotiating a soft Brexit to honour the will of the first referendum, but putting that deal back to the people to decide. If you've negotiated that deal as the best deal possible for the country, but still feel that if it did go back to the people you would campaign for them to decide to remain, then you are doing what you feel is best for the country; 1. offering up the best deal you feel you can get 2. taking that back for a confirmatory vote. At least you would be offering what you feel are the two best options back to the electorate if that is the case.

There are no easy positions in all this.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There was one time a few months back when MPs were asked to vote on I think 8 different flavours of Brexit they were prepared to support. All 8 were voted down. Parliament in its current form is unfit for purpose. Even Dominic Cummings must be tearing what remains of his hair out at trying to force these people into taking any kind of positive action. ****s, as always, only ever know what they won't support. Which is just about everything.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This I feel is part of the problem, people can't accept an honest opinion, it has to be a partisan position. I don't have an issue with a policy of negotiating a soft Brexit to honour the will of the first referendum, but putting that deal back to the people to decide. If you've negotiated that deal as the best deal possible for the country, but still feel that if it did go back to the people you would campaign for them to decide to remain, then you are doing what you feel is best for the country; 1. offering up the best deal you feel you can get 2. taking that back for a confirmatory vote. At least you would be offering what you feel are the two best options back to the electorate if that is the case.

There are no easy positions in all this.

British Party politics, the media and the electorate want red or blue, in or out, black or white. Nuance is perceived to be indecision and weakness.

The 2016 Referendum was a binary choice but both outcomes involve degress of remaining or leaving, i.e. you can leave but choose to remain closely aligned to the EU or leave and try to undercut / undermine / lowball the EU by turning Britain into Singapore whilst simultaneously kissing Trump's arse.

Johnson's cull of his 21 MPs - many of whom supported May's Withdrawal Agreement - is testament to this. It seems nobody is putting in the time necessary to understand the others position or to better educate themselves with the facts.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
If we had election now Brexit party would take so many votes of Labour,Cons and Lib Dems that result would be distorted. Election has to be more then just about Brexit and this has to be sorted first. No good blaming Cons or Labour for Brexit mess because any govenment would struggle with different opinions in house. I was remainer but once vote was out any government had obligation to do so. There were 2 options ,Negotiate the best deal Europe who were in driving seat would allow or make it plain we would come out with no deal. All the time Europe dont consider latter will happen they will remain in charge of proceedings

I fear you may be correct - I think this country is going to have ''Hung Parliaments' for the next 30 years which is no good to anyone because no one can truly Govern

Offering a Brexit Referendum was the Maddest thing ever conceived - It has truly split the people and our MPs and I am sad to say that there is no way back from it for the foreseeable future, whether we eventually leave or not

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here