Votes: 104 39.4%
  • Worse than expected

Votes: 80 30.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The morons alive and kicking on here, 30% think he’s doing a good job? Surely no one with an iq over 10 thinks this.

I'm not sure it says that, the choice was "better than expected."

Boris has currently lost all his votes in Parliament, attempted a failed negotiation strategy with the EU of "if you don't go along with me, I'll blow MY country up" and with a slender majority of having a slightly better conker than Corbyn has sacked 21 MPs.

Finally he is now trying to resurrect Brexit Plan Zero which leaves Northern Ireland in the EU and completely loses the support of the DUP.

Having read a couple of books about the man's career so far, I voted "Better Than Expected".

Hope that clears it up.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Your seriously comparing this to the rise of the Nazi party [emoji38]ol: Best get out on the street rounding up 51.9% of the country as they are Nazis
51.9 % ? Very harsh to include the ~30% who didn't vote, and anyone under 22 in your round up [emoji38]ol:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
FWIW I voted as expected.

I'd like to change that to worse than expected.

...and I had VERY low expectations.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I’m simply pointing out that under the laws and rules we live under we have to accept the democratic vote rather than do our very best to delay postpone or overturn a democratic decision leaving the country in a damaging stalemate for years. This isn’t the time for political point scoring and acting like children that haven’t got their own way. It’s the time to do what the majority voted then move on build the economy and tackle the many other problems with have in the country that are currently being put on the back burner.

You talk about a damaging stalemate for years which sounds very much like the situation we'll find ourselves in after Brexit when we have to renegotiate free trade deals with the leading economies of the world, many of whom we already have free trade deals with now.

The joke is that many supporters of Brexit think after we've left we can simply return to the way it was debating crime, education, NHS etc. The fact is the government will have to spend just as much time on sourcing free trade deals as they've spent on Brexit AND do it with a loaded gun against their heads as the economy tanks because we're out of the Single Market with No Deal.

Every country we negotiate with - starting with the USA - will know we are over a barrel and that doesn't make for a successful trade deal.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
You talk about a damaging stalemate for years which sounds very much like the situation we'll find ourselves in after Brexit when we have to renegotiate free trade deals with the leading economies of the world, many of whom we already have free trade deals with now.

The joke is that many supporters of Brexit think after we've left we can simply return to the way it was debating crime, education, NHS etc. The fact is the government will have to spend just as much time on sourcing free trade deals as they've spent on Brexit AND do it with a loaded gun against their heads as the economy tanks because we're out of the Single Market with No Deal.

Every country we negotiate with - starting with the USA - will know we are over a barrel and that doesn't make for a successful trade deal.

That sounds like Project Fear - it all does. (To those who could either not care less, or are too hyped up about 'winning'.)
Other than that, your post speaks truthfully and accurately, yet will still be scorned.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean

As opposed to years of objections over ruling appeals and neither in or out. The EU are shiting themselves that we leave because it’ll be first of many and for a little Island we are still I big enough power to survive and prosper. As I keep saying didn’t want out but it has to be carried out and we won’t suddenly become an irrelevant nation. Who knows we could be the first get the best deals?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
As opposed to years of objections over ruling appeals and neither in or out. The EU are shiting themselves that we leave because it’ll be first of many and for a little Island we are still I big enough power to survive and prosper. As I keep saying didn’t want out but it has to be carried out and we won’t suddenly become an irrelevant nation. Who knows we could be the first get the best deals?

The Governments own papers say the EU will be fine with out us.

Why would a country give us a good deal if we are over a barrel ?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Big scoop from @Byline_Media - extraordinary amounts of money amounting to £8.3bn placed by Boris Johnson and Vote Leave backers on a no deal crashout on 31 October #Disast

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
An interesting observation from a journo on last weekend’s excellent wireless program: Pienaar's politics.

Along the lines of the Pro-Leave demonstrators outside Parliament are mostly known ‘faces’ from far rights groups such as the EDL, Britain First and the Football Lads’ Alliance. They were chanting the name ‘Boris Johnson’.

Parallels with the Sturmabteilung are unavoidable.

Scary times.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
The 80 that voted "better than expected" must be easily pleased... The bloke has done nothing since becoming PM apart from losing every vote he has put forward, illegally closed down parliament , no sniff of a real EU deal and lost about half of his cabinet.

I'm not pro any of the current parties, but can a few of the 80 that voted here please explain what he's actually done that's better than expected?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The 80 that voted "better than expected" must be easily pleased... The bloke has done nothing since becoming PM apart from losing every vote he has put forward, illegally closed down parliament , no sniff of a real EU deal and lost about half of his cabinet.

I'm not pro any of the current parties, but can a few of the 80 that voted here please explain what he's actually done that's better than expected?

He's still Prime Minister? As you say - it all depends on your initial expectations!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

He correctly answered a question posed by a primary school teacher who’s class he sat in on yesterday. Fact he answered it at all is pretty good going as politicians go.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
0282a3d5082b83dff6d9e256151e65dc.gif

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He's still Prime Minister? As you say - it all depends on your initial expectations!

I thought he'd be a smear left after his roadkill former self had been multicrunched. Instead he's still staggering around under the traffic, blood spraying as directed by Sam Peckinpah. So it's a 'better than expected' from me.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
If the Houses Of Parliament don't get the Reichstag/ seaside pier insurance job treatment then I will revert to 'as shit as expected' .......... at the moment I can only think his ilk getting some yahoos to burn the place down could make him any worse.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Oct 31. Boris has 'done his best' to get a deal. There is no deal. Parliament has made a law we can't leave with no deal.

So what does the EU do?

Boris has to ask for an extension. He needs to be persuasive. He won't be persuasive.

So the EU say 'no'.

Then what?

We hard Brexit.

Then Corbyn forces a no confidence vote for A GE.

Brexit party irrelevant (since we have left).

Boris wins.

So who's stupid now?

Someone please explain to me how this won't happen. Please!!!!

The EU will grant an extension. They don't want the UK to leave. To me, control of the whole situation is pretty much out of Johnson's hands now.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The EU will grant an extension. They don't want the UK to leave. To me, control of the whole situation is pretty much out of Johnson's hands now.

I sincerely hope you're correct.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here