Votes: 104 39.4%
  • Worse than expected

Votes: 80 30.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I was a bit puzzled by that,but as he's not the brightest spark in the anti-democracy crew,I gave him the benefit of the doubt.As he's a bit of a yokel,perhaps it's this type of thing,with banjos playing.:hilton::rock::rock:

View attachment 114523

Oh,and Boris is doing an excellent job so far.Corbyn is so confident in him,he's clearing off to Ghana for a jolly.:)

As usual, the thickest of the thickos spouts even more ignorant drivel.
Your mother probably gave birth to you on a toilet.
She should have flushed it.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Johnson is currently engaged in an elaborate and sustained blame-shifting exercise.

He’s making proposals to the EU that he knows they can’t accept, and making promises to everyone else that he knows he will not keep.

All this so that, when we crash out with no deal and it all goes to shit, he can blame other people for the mess. Then he can run an election campaign claiming to be the one to clear that mess up.

To be clear, he doesn’t give a toss about the effect of all this on ordinary people. He just cares about winning the next election. Tragedy is, it might work. But there is no doubt that he is cynical and almost pathologically untrustworthy.

So yeah, as expected really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dear oh dear.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm still a little confused about whether Boris is being strategically cunning or allowing himself to be boxed into a hopeless cul-de-sac...

From the outset it seemed apparent that Boris' strategy would be to go to Brussels, return and claim that May's deal was completely re-negotiated - whereas the actual difference would be as cosmetic as changing the name of the Backstop - and then getting this passed in Westminster. Hey presto, Boris the hero. Up until yesterday I was starting to doubt this, until yes, he writes a letter to Donald Tusk saying the Backstop needs to be changed into something completely different, which will allow frictionless grade to continue with no border infrastructure whilst alternative arrangements are developed, with a commitment to protect both sides if nothing is put in place by the end of the transition period...... hmmmm, so basically the Backstop again.....

So the ingredients are there to get May's renamed deal passed by October 31st, we leave, the no-confidence vote is defeated and any general election is on Boris' terms

OR... the other point of view....

Despite the willingness by Boris to do a deal, the forces he has surrounded himself with, Cummings, Rees-Mogg, Raab, Patel, Duncan-Smith - these guys want the No Deal crash out, they are relishing it, and they are forcing him to posture and blame the EU and break down relations until it becomes hopeless.....

The fall-out of this is inevitable.... Inevitable defeat in a no-confidence vote, inevitable election or 'government of national unity', high probability that the Tories lose, either punished for having crashed out with No Deal or punished for not leaving... and Boris is PM for just a couple of months .... He must know this, but can he stop it?

While this would be remarkable and must-watch TV, I can't believe it will actually happen. My money is still on the first scenario.

Its a roller coaster ride when you have a belly full of wine, a nose full of China White, and a former deb on noshing duties.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
These political threads are becoming very tedious. May as well just have a poll on what we all think of Crystal Palace’s performances. :ohmy:

This. Brexiteers will say great, remainers will say sh1te and everyopne else wont even bother.....

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
As usual, the thickest of the thickos spouts even more ignorant drivel.
Your mother probably gave birth to you on a toilet.
She should have flushed it.

That wasn't bad for a yokel.Must be school holidays still,as you obviously had help.What a chopper!:lolol:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Johnson is currently engaged in an elaborate and sustained blame-shifting exercise.

He’s making proposals to the EU that he knows they can’t accept, and making promises to everyone else that he knows he will not keep.

All this so that, when we crash out with no deal and it all goes to shit, he can blame other people for the mess. Then he can run an election campaign claiming to be the one to clear that mess up.

To be clear, he doesn’t give a toss about the effect of all this on ordinary people. He just cares about winning the next election. Tragedy is, it might work. But there is no doubt that he is cynical and almost pathologically untrustworthy.

So yeah, as expected really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

**** me, what’s it like waking up in a gallon of piss soaked into your bedding?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Johnson, not 'Boris' as the alt-right media are successfully encouraging folk to refer to him as, is not running this country.

It was quite apparent, and thinly veiled, that those around him will be doing the steering. He is just the jovial spokesman. We have a similar thing in the U.S although they have somewhat more frustrations with their puppet.

It is clear who the puppet masters are with the rhetoric and media ramping in recent times. I do rather fear another General Election as Johnson has been told what to promise and what to work towards. Ramp up the media bandwagon and enough folk will be fooled.

Oh, for a credible opposition.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Or the third scenario - posture on and on about 'no deal', to the extent that Parliament steps in and stops it all. Boris then says 'it's either no deal or revoke article 50', and goes for a second referendum on that. Revoke article 50 wins, and Brexit doesn't happen. Which is, after all, what Boris was wanting in his other newspaper article that he didn't publish as he saw greater opportunities for himself in opposing Cameron at the time.

Are you saying that Alexander (which is his real name) is a self-serving hypocrite who is only in it all to fulfil his own ambition? Surely Not!!:lol::lol::lol:

Well if you're not, I am!

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
He's a lying sack of shite but he's placating the Brexiteers and telling them what they want to hear so they will love him. And looking over this thread, sure enough it's the rabid leavers that are praising him. It's making them feel less vexed.

For now.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Boris bungle**** is going to unite the Tory party and indeed the entire country by announcing a Downing Street dog.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
He's a lying sack of shite but he's placating the Brexiteers and telling them what they want to hear so they will love him. And looking over this thread, sure enough it's the rabid leavers that are praising him. It's making them feel less vexed.

For now.

I see the rabid remainers are co-opting new clowns from Brussels on the Brexit thread.Lever and lonelymiky don't even post on other threads and aren't football fans.

Jan 30, 2008

For now.

Oh dear clump , what you were meant to have said is Mr Johnson is fullfilling the wishes of the referendum result , there's absolutely nothing wrong in that only mentally challenged losers like yourself have issues with that, enjoy your evening
regards
DR

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here