Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    Members
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    6,504

    Why were substitutions not shown on the screens?


    0 Not allowed!
    They always were last season: e,g Murray OFF, Andone ON. The pa system is largely inaudible in WSU where I sit so you have to look at the team list on the screen. Not very clear.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #2
      Keith Keith Keith Dublin herecomesaregular's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2008
      Location
      Sussex
      Posts
      1,370


      0 Not allowed!
      Yes, very annoying.

      In NW corner the pa is too loud and just as inaudible as previous seasons, if not worse. They need to learn that just turning it up doesn't make it more audible. In fact, I would rather very little music etc and to be able to speak to those around me without needing a megaphone.

      On the otherhand, was pleased no lyrics for SBTS on the screen as I've made an extra effort to learn them and this gave me great satsisfaction.
    • #3
      Super Moderator
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      35,095


      0 Not allowed!
      And the VAR info was not as good as at Watford... where they put all of the reviews and results on the screen.

      Definitely room for improvement.
    • #4
      Banned
      Join Date
      Aug 2010
      Location
      EP
      Posts
      17,764


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      And the VAR info was not as good as at Watford... where they put all of the reviews and results on the screen.

      Definitely room for improvement.
      VAR will kill football.
    • #5

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by herecomesaregular View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Yes, very annoying.

      In NW corner the pa is too loud and just as inaudible as previous seasons, if not worse. They need to learn that just turning it up doesn't make it more audible. In fact, I would rather very little music etc and to be able to speak to those around me without needing a megaphone.

      On the otherhand, was pleased no lyrics for SBTS on the screen as I've made an extra effort to learn them and this gave me great satsisfaction.
      I think that was a mistake as the footage on the screen as the teams walked out on GOSBTS was playing was the intro/goal/celebration montage. AV problems I presume.
      BN3 7DE
    • #6
      Devil's Advocate (p/t)
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Brighton
      Posts
      26,096


      0 Not allowed!
      I noticed one of the subs (andone?) didn't have those green circular arrows that indicates they were a substitute on the team line ups.
      Please report offensive or libellous posts - read more
    • #7
      Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2008
      Location
      SHOREHAM BY SEA
      Posts
      29,861


      1 Not allowed!
      The lovely new graphics ..with pretty away team colours

      Name:  image1.jpeg
Views: 330
Size:  117.4 KB
    • #8
      VERY part time moderator Giraffe's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2005
      Posts
      22,395


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by LamieRobertson View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      The lovely new graphics ..with pretty away team colours

      Name:  image1.jpeg
Views: 330
Size:  117.4 KB
      Now you say that, and I largely agree that they look fantastic but my wife, who has dodgy eyes, really struggled to read them and I've also heard a lot of people who were wondering why Ogbonna had a red card against his name.

      Whilst they look lovely I have to agree that the previous version was easier to read.
    • #9
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      Cowfold
      Posts
      11,469


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Sussex Nomad View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      VAR will kill football.
      That's my worry too. I just love the elation l feel when my team have scored a goal, jumping up out of my seat hands aloft and cheering. Having done precisely that wjhen Trossard scored his first 'goal' on Saturday, only for it to be diallowed by VAR a minute or two later, left me feeling so disheartened, and a bit of a prat too..
    • #10
      Jacob Schilt(pic:SebDaly) Nottseagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      The Tory constituency of Mansfield
      Posts
      7,668


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Sussex Nomad View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      VAR will kill football.
      Now you're starting to sound like a stuck record!

      There are plenty of VAR threads although I expect you have exhausted them.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •