Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why were substitutions not shown on the screens?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
They always were last season: e,g Murray OFF, Andone ON. The pa system is largely inaudible in WSU where I sit so you have to look at the team list on the screen. Not very clear.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Yes, very annoying.

In NW corner the pa is too loud and just as inaudible as previous seasons, if not worse. They need to learn that just turning it up doesn't make it more audible. In fact, I would rather very little music etc and to be able to speak to those around me without needing a megaphone.

On the otherhand, was pleased no lyrics for SBTS on the screen as I've made an extra effort to learn them and this gave me great satsisfaction.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
And the VAR info was not as good as at Watford... where they put all of the reviews and results on the screen.

Definitely room for improvement.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Yes, very annoying.

In NW corner the pa is too loud and just as inaudible as previous seasons, if not worse. They need to learn that just turning it up doesn't make it more audible. In fact, I would rather very little music etc and to be able to speak to those around me without needing a megaphone.

On the otherhand, was pleased no lyrics for SBTS on the screen as I've made an extra effort to learn them and this gave me great satsisfaction.

I think that was a mistake as the footage on the screen as the teams walked out on GOSBTS was playing was the intro/goal/celebration montage. AV problems I presume.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I noticed one of the subs (andone?) didn't have those green circular arrows that indicates they were a substitute on the team line ups.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The lovely new graphics ..with pretty away team colours

image1.jpeg

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
The lovely new graphics ..with pretty away team colours

View attachment 114487

Now you say that, and I largely agree that they look fantastic but my wife, who has dodgy eyes, really struggled to read them and I've also heard a lot of people who were wondering why Ogbonna had a red card against his name.

Whilst they look lovely I have to agree that the previous version was easier to read.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
VAR will kill football.

That's my worry too. I just love the elation l feel when my team have scored a goal, jumping up out of my seat hands aloft and cheering. Having done precisely that wjhen Trossard scored his first 'goal' on Saturday, only for it to be diallowed by VAR a minute or two later, left me feeling so disheartened, and a bit of a prat too..

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Now you're starting to sound like a stuck record!

There are plenty of VAR threads although I expect you have exhausted them.

Many hundreds of posts on VAR of which I am a contributor. Stuck record? Possibly. Vehemently disliking it? Definitely. Will I shut up? No.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Now you say that, and I largely agree that they look fantastic but my wife, who has dodgy eyes, really struggled to read them and I've also heard a lot of people who were wondering why Ogbonna had a red card against his name.

Whilst they look lovely I have to agree that the previous version was easier to read.

Denotes he is their captain.
See also the blue card against Dunk.

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
Sitting in WSU I couldn't really see what the colour boxes meant initially but then realised it must mean captain as Dunk had one too next to his name. I much prefer last seasons 'Big Screen'. Also unless you can remember all the oppositions names and numbers it's difficult to remember who has been substituted for whom.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here