Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Snowflake Aussies

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We have a top grade bowling machine at our cricket club, and a couple of weeks ago I was feeding deliveries for a net session. For a giggle, we cranked it up to 96mph and sent a few down into an empty net. Short ones, beamers, all sorts. It was bl00dy frightening, terrifying. In loading the deliveries myself, I felt like I was firing a high powered rifle. There seems absolutely no time to react at all, these top level batters have something like 0.65 seconds to select and execute the correct shot at this pace - or get out of the way.

Incredible huh? I went and saw us v the WIndies in 1976 at the Oval with Holder, Holding and the rest sticking them down at near 100mph. It was quite inspiring to say the least!

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
The Phil Hughes comparisons THEMSELVES expose Steve Smith himself for the flawed human being that he is. He had the opportunity to retro-fix stent guards to his batting helmet (cushions to cover the exposed quadrant of soft flesh behind the ears) but unlike just about every sensible professional batsman, he chose not to because it felt “uncomfortable”. No doubt not quite as “uncomfortable” as he felt when he was exposed for being a cheating skipper, who told one of his team mates to cheat on the field and then lie about it. Or quite as “uncomfortable” as he is probably feeling today. #WGACA

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
The Phil Hughes comparisons THEMSELVES expose Steve Smith himself for the flawed human being that he is. He had the opportunity to retro-fix stent guards to his batting helmet (cushions to cover the exposed quadrant of soft flesh behind the ears) but unlike just about every sensible professional batsman, he chose not to because it felt “uncomfortable”. No doubt not quite as “uncomfortable” as he felt when he was exposed for being a cheating skipper, who told one of his team mates to cheat on the field and then lie about it. Or quite as “uncomfortable” as he is probably feeling today. #WGACA

Quite the melt there.

I just wish they'd cheat so much the whole sport got shut down so we didn't have the ****ing garbage on the TV during the summer.

That i'd cheer for,

Are ya with me? Lets get them banned.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Quite the melt there.

I just wish they'd cheat so much the whole sport got shut down so we didn't have the ****ing garbage on the TV during the summer.

That i'd cheer for,

Melt? Sook? Have we got google translate on here?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Quite the melt there.

That i'd cheer for,

When Phil Hughes passed away, along with hundreds of thousands of serious cricketers all around the world, my three lads and I all “left our bats out for Phil” on our doorsteps, overnight, with four candles (not fork handles) as a true mark of respect for the man that was Phil Hughes. A professional, a role model, a talented young man, who had it all tragically taken away by a freak accident.

Would the same happen with Steve Smith? Not in my house. First, being struck in that specific location is by definition no longer a freak accident - the same thing happened before, changes and protections were made available as a result, but Smith chose to ignore that and plough on. Second, I cannot have respect for a so-called leader, who not only discusses on field cheating with senior team mates, but then consciously decides to go ahead with it, then to crown it all instructs the rookie to do the on field cheating, and the tells them all to lie about it - what kind of man or sportsman does that? So, I have no sporting respect for the man whatsoever. And he had the chance to guard against this specific injury and chose not to take it.

The only things I would leave out for Steve are: 1. a photograph of his crocodile tears in front of the media. 2. a piece of used sandpaper. And 3. a broken helmet, because that is precisely what he is.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
We all know for certain the Aussies will be attempting the same in the next few days attempting to rattle our players. We just have one who is better at it. If they have got all upset tough, they certainly can't hold any morale high ground, that's why many of their forefathers ended up there.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
We all know for certain the Aussies will be attempting the same in the next few days attempting to rattle our players. We just have one who is better at it. If they have got all upset though, they certainly can't hold any morale high ground, that's why many of their forefathers ended up there.

They haven't. There has been no complaints apart from one or two of their supporters. Hardly a sweeping majority. The Aussies know the score.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Yeah because their quicks over the years have NEVER targetted our batsmen with a bit of chin music........

****ing whinging twats

Haven't seen any moaning from the Aussie tourist group.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here