Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The ‘Top Six’ 19/20 addition

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
With a victory for Man Utd tonight, the traditional Premier League ‘Top Six’ will take their places in the table looking more or less how we’d expect it to look at the end of the season.

But I have a feeling that one of the teams might slip out this year. I don’t think FL Chelsea are going to make it this year. It’ll be interesting to see who takes their place?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
With a victory for Man Utd tonight, the traditional Premier League ‘Top Six’ will take their places in the table looking more or less how we’d expect it to look at the end of the season.

Have you noticed who is currently 4th?
Have you noticed where Chelsea currently are in the table?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Have you noticed where FL Chelsea currently are in the table?

Yes, that’s what leads me to conclude that they’ll struggle to be in the top six come May unless they lose Frank and have a terrific Jan window. I think it’s a rebuilding year for them.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Yes, that’s what leads me to conclude that they’ll struggle to be in the top six come May unless they lose Frank and have a terrific Jan window. I think it’s a rebuilding year for them.

But if Man Utd win tonight then it won't be the 'top six' taking their places which was the original point. Unless I am being whoosed and you mean we are now a top six team?

BTW I agree Chelsea are going to have a difficult season, inexperienced manager, lost their match-winner, no obvious goal scorer and throwing in young players to try and drag a lot of deadwood along.

With no ability to bring in any new players I don't see anything better than mid-table for them this year.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Chelsea are in for a hard season with the ban they have, Man City did much the same and got slapped on the wrist. I think they need to give FL a season to bed in, but Chelsea being Chelsea will probably give him five months or less. I think Man Utd will struggle too. We may get back to a traditional four, of Spurs, Arsenal, Man City and Liverpool. It'll be interesting to see how it goes.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
But if Man Utd win tonight then it won't be the 'top six' taking their places which was the original point. Unless I am being whoosed and you mean we are now a top six team?

Could be us for another week or so (and I’m going to enjoy every second of it) if we beat Southampton but it’ll be another team that takes FL Chelsea’s place overall. I’m thinking Leicester or Wolves.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Point of Order, Mr Speaker. You cannot add someone to a Top Six and it remain a Top Six. Can I request that the Honorable Member for Hackney North and Stoke Newington is removed from the subcommittee dealing with such matters?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

As others have alluded to, Chelsea's transfer ban lasts until the end of the next window. The fact that Frank has to play the kids, alongside the goodwill he has from the fans, will be his saving grace. I can't see him being sacked unless they get dragged into a relegation scrap, which is highly unlikely based on what I've seen so far.

The likes of Wolves, Leicester, Brighton and Everton will push them hard for 6th place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here