Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mac Allister in the Argentina squad.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.

For anyone who can't open the link:

Goalkeepers: Esteban ANDRADA (Boca Juniors), Franco ARMANI (River Plate), Agustin MARCHESIN (FC Porto)

Defenders: Nicolas OTAMENDI (Manchester City), German PEZZELLA (Fiorentina), Leonardo BALERDI (Borussia Dortmund), Marcos ROJO (Manchester United), Lucas Martinez QUARTA (River Plate), Gonzalo MONTIEL (River Plate), Nicolas FIGAL (Independiente), Nicolas TAGLIAFICO (Ajax)

Midfielders: Marcos ACUNA (Sporting Lisbon), Leandro PAREDES (Paris Saint-Germain), Guido RODRIGUEZ (Club America), Giovani LO CELSO (Tottenham Hotspur), Nicolas DOMINGUEZ, Rodrigo DE PAUL (Velez Sarsfield), Exequiel PALACIOS (River Plate), Matias ZARACHO (Racing Club), Roberto PEREYRA (Watford), Lucas OCAMPOS (Sevilla), Manuel LANZINI (West Ham United), Alexis MAC ALLISTER (Brighton & Hove Abion)

Forwards: Paulo DYBALA (Juventus), Adolfo GAICH (San Lorenzo)

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I genuinely have no idea, I've just finished a night shift and if I start looking for the rules and regulations I won't sleep until I find them.

Worst case scenario is he plays, does well and it adds a couple of million to his value if we do sell him before he plays for us.

I presume there is an argument for him that he will play a vital role in the first-team squad as an Argentinian international so he could get a work permit via the appeals process - like Douglas Luiz at Villa.

What a palaver.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm guessing this is due to the withdrawls they appear to have. But still. Good times.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Still to many posters are looking upon Bloom & Barber as football people.
When in fact life gets a lot simpler if you see them as the 21st century answer to Chl 4's reliance on making money from property.

They are the new:-

Kirsty & Phil.

If Mr Bloom were also bald they might be able to pass off as Sarah Beeny, but as it is were stuck with Location Location Location.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Still to many posters are looking upon Bloom & Barber as football people.
When in fact life gets a lot simpler if you see them as the 21st century answer to Chl 4's reliance on making money from property.

They are the new:-

Kirsty & Phil.

If Mr Bloom were also bald they might be able to pass off as Sarah Beeny, but as it is were stuck with Location Location Location.
Does this mean Prince Charming and the yanks are Channel 4's Faking It ?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Chile and Mexico games are friendlies , does this have the same impact on work permit qualifications as full competitive internationals ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don’t like the like of enthusiasm about playing for the Albion that I am feeling from this guy and his father. I think we’ll just move him on for a big profit without him even coming to England.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don’t like the like of enthusiasm about playing for the Albion that I am feeling from this guy and his father. I think we’ll just move him on for a big profit without him even coming to England.
Agreed - he seems so reluctant to be on our books. Did he even fill in the paperwork for his passport last season ? ???

I'll be amazed if he ever plays for us, but we might make a tidy profit - and bank a big sell-on payment down the line.

Last edited:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Is the right answer I'm afraid.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

Part and parcel of the South American transfer market, tbh. Not worth getting stressed about frankly. He looks a good player. If he ends up playing here that will be great. If we turn a £20m profit on him and use that money to bring in a different good player - also great.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I suspect they are both post brexit gamble signings. No-one knows for sure how the rules are going to change, but the club have gambled on it being easier to sign non EU players in the future.

Shrewd bit of business since the club appear to be in a win win situation.

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I suspect they are both post brexit gamble signings. No-one knows for sure how the rules are going to change, but the club have gambled on it being easier to sign non EU players in the future.

Shrewd bit of business since the club appear to be in a win win situation.

These two are, yes, but should be looked at in a wider context - they are not the only players we have signed in this situation. The club are not going to turn any profit on Billy Arce, for example.

0-3 og (v. 9 men)
FT
Looks like this was the quarter final 1st leg

Screenshot_20190822-012319.png

Last edited:

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
0-3 og (v. 9 men)
FT
Looks like this was the quarter final 1st leg

View attachment 114575

Yes indeed. They first played a six round group stage, where they came top. Then they won the last sixteen tie. I'm guessing that there is a random draw for match-ups in the last sixteen as Boca Jrs played the team that came second in their own group. That means that before tonight's game, four of the last six games they played in the tournament were against the same team, Athletico-PR of Brazil. I'm not a big fan of that kind of arrangement, tbh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here