Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who would go in goal if Maty took a red 'for the team'?

Seems Graham likes to use all his subs, and I envisage the Aussie switching codes briefly to bring down that forward about to deprive us of the points in the dying minutes. Hopefully he'll have ventured outside his box (like v. West Ham) to do the deed, but are any outfielders designated as emergency 'keepers?
Dan Burn seems an obvious contender in that his height makes up for his (presumed) lack of agility, but as this is the opposite reason for Ryan's success it's perhaps a poor call!

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I know it's an aside to a hypothetical but no Premier League keeper has been sent off since they changed the rules to stop the "double jeopardy" of a penalty and red card.

2015/16 season was the last time.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Well assuming Matty gets a red and Dunk is injured or perhaps suspended, my guess is Trossard would be put in goal as he can jump like a salmon.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well assuming Matty gets a red and Dunk is injured or perhaps suspended, my guess is Trossard would be put in goal as he can jump like a salmon.

He’s about 3 foot :lol:

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I'm guessing whichever keeper we have on the bench
Not sure that’s how the game works. All the subs have been used. Dunk has been injured / suspended or is on jury duty. You have to pick an out field player. Obviously Trossard.

Last edited:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Why didn't someone ask this question at the Fans Forum given it's on a level with leaving someone up field on corners

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Hopefully he'll have ventured outside his box (like v. West Ham) to do the deed

Wouldn't he have to be outside the box under the double jeopardy rules (as long as it was a genuine attempt to win the ball, not just going all Harald Schumacher on Salah or something)?

If we use the starting XI from the weekend, I would imagine the pecking order goes;

Dunk
Burn
Dufffy
Murray

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dunk would have Maty's gloves off him before the ref has even reached for his cards.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here