Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Electric bikes

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Lookout you will have the Boris police squad after you.

Perhaps not they only have one focus on people that break the law, anyone with blonde hair that went to Eton.

Haha i wish them luck having any say over here :lol: Besides i have neither blonde hair or an Eton education :thumbsup: Tideway rools!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
I've got two ebikes and love them both, given the choice of taking the car or one of the bikes the latter wins every time.

One of my bikes is a Sondors fat tyred bike it is legal with a 250w motor and is restricted to 25kph, it is awesome to look at and great fun to ride over many varying terrains, it does have deraillier gears but to be honest i rarely use them.

My other is a btwin mtb and is totally illegal, i fitted a kit myself which is a 1500w motor with a 48v battery and has a thumb throttle so no need to pedal at all, i do live at the top of a mountain and this bike makes life so much easier for me, i spent two years in a wheelchair due to some pretty serious back problems and pedalling for longer than about 5 minutes leaves me in pain for days. So this one is my preffered choice, legal or not, tbh the police around here have seen me on it plenty of times and have never batted an eyelid, they either dont know what they are looking at or are simply not bothered. I don't (usually [emoji38] ) ride like a pillock, even though the bike will comfortably sit at speeds of over 45kph on the flat if i want to.
Similarly I have a 48v 1500w homebrew. I Iimit it to 18mph so never have any trouble. It does still struggle with the hills around here but means more time on the bike and less in the car. Also i built it before the restrictions so I think the legal position is arguable.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Similarly I have a 48v 1500w homebrew. I Iimit it to 18mph so never have any trouble. It does still struggle with the hills around here but means more time on the bike and less in the car. Also i built it before the restrictions so I think the legal position is arguable.

When you say "struggles with hills" - You've got a 1500w motor, do you live in the Alps and don't like to peddle or something? Seriously though, I am after a kit for my bike but do live in a proper hilly area.....

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
When you say "struggles with hills" - You've got a 1500w motor, do you live in the Alps and don't like to peddle or something? Seriously though, I am after a kit for my bike but do live in a proper hilly area.....
There are some proper big hills in the chilterns. The batteries and the rider in particular are heavy. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here