Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Electric bikes

Electric bikes

0 Not allowed!
    We've had cars, now it's bikes turn, although this'll be a considerably shorter thread.

The Stat's had their longest ever family ride today, 20+ wind assisted miles along the coast to Brighton.

I'll forgo the much needed moan concerning a lack of anywhere safe to cycle from Shoreham bridge to Portslade, and concentrate on the lecky bike phenomenon.

I must have seen at least 20 of them while out, covering a wide range of brands, all of them looked to be traveling very easily, esp those riding against the wind.

Naturally they're not for me, but it was pleasing to see so many people benefiting from a little assistance, it would seem they're not a mode of transport to be pooh-poohed and might be worth considering if you like the idea of cycling but not the effort.
    “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
    Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

2 Not allowed!
      I've a Juicy e-bike, cost about £1300 including better battery - Dutch style, basket at front, panniers at back, I love it.

2 Not allowed!
      You’ll still be road hogging, law avoiding, red light running wankers though

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      We've had cars, now it's bikes turn, although this'll be a considerably shorter thread.

The Stat's had their longest ever family ride today, 20+ wind assisted miles along the coast to Brighton.

I'll forgo the much needed moan concerning a lack of anywhere safe to cycle from Shoreham bridge to Portslade, and concentrate on the lecky bike phenomenon.

I must have seen at least 20 of them while out, covering a wide range of brands, all of them looked to be traveling very easily, esp those riding against the wind.

Naturally they're not for me, but it was pleasing to see so many people benefiting from a little assistance, it would seem they're not a mode of transport to be pooh-poohed and might be worth considering if you like the idea of cycling but not the effort.

What we need is safe, traffic free, routes for people to be able to get from town to town.
      Then they could be a real commuter option.
      In this great future you can't forget your past

2 Not allowed!
      I love my electric bike.....I can now still enjoy cycling !
      Members

14 Not allowed!
      I cycle to work twice a week, around 8 miles each way along beautiful country lanes. I am either going steeply uphill using my turbo assist, or heavy on my brakes coming down again. There's a little bit of flat, but not much (see below).

I did this once on my old bike. It took around an hour - taking nearly half-an-hour to get up the first hill on the way home, where I had to stop about four times, and push quite a lot of the way. This hill now takes me six minutes. When I did it on my push-bike, I had to have a shower, a drink, and a bit of a rest at the office before starting work. Now, I change my t-shirt (although not entirely necessary, and at this time of year I don't have to at all), and stroll in.

Absolutely fantastic invention. I had basically given up cycling because every route out from here is hills - and now I'm back using my bike regularly. You do still need effort, but it takes all the pain away. I just wouldn't be cycling to work (or anywhere else really) without it. I'm fitter, and happier.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 604
Size:  22.2 KB My route.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 603
Size:  107.7 KB The view along it!
      Attached Images Attached Images  

3 Not allowed!
      My bike is electric.

Starting. Then 1868cc's of pure USA raw petrol guzzling power.
      Originally the Swankers Garage_Doors's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      Likewise all my bikes are electric, the last one that wasn't was a single cylinder 370cc with no de compression valve and the kick back nearly broke my ankle, thus forward only purchase electric start bikes from now on.
      God Save The Queen

6 Not allowed!
      As I've said on other threads they are a fantastic invention.

My commute is from Peacehaven to Brighton Station so pretty much bang on 9 miles, I can do it in about 35 minutes whether that's along the undercliff walk or along the coast road, there is no way I'd be able to do it on an analogue bike but that is the aim one day, to be able to do it without the assistance. Even if I get to the point where I am able to do that I might still use the E-Bike as I'm not getting to work dripping with sweat. For reference I'm just over 21 stone at the moment but that is coming down.
      Last edited by Madafwo; 18-08-2019 at 20:13.

1 Not allowed!
      Cube with bosch cx!