Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for No Points Saints

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Adrian did make an excellent point blank save from a Yoshida header. Ings missed a fine opportunity too.

Indeed, and before Allison arrived at Anfield Mignolet and Karius were capable of great saves, they were also able make routine mistakes which doesn’t give much confidence to the defenders.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Ryan
Duffy Dunk Burn
Montoya March
Propper Stephens
Gross Murray Trossard

'Evolution not revolution' - Dan Ashworth.

We outplayed both Watford and West Ham, but I noticed Potter said we played better against West Ham than Watford. We are improving. We had 16 shots against West Ham. True, we missed a few, but what enthralls me, is the sheer number of chances we are creating. It is a sea-change from last season.

Absolutely. I could only listen on Saturday as I couldn't find a working stream but watching the highlights it was amazing to see so many of our players in their half when we had the ball. Options to pass as opposed to one option last season.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
'No Points Saints'.

:facepalm:

We are now hexed for Saturday. They will be '3 Points Saints' by the end of the game.

Funny old game, Football.

Shock away win written all over it.

And yes, it worries me too when people make comments like that.

Withdean was better

Aug 12, 2019
Ryan
Duffy-Dunk-Burn
Montoya-Stephens-Propper-March
Trossard-Andone-Maupay​

Pace. Southampton are slow at the back.

I completely get your point about pace. But then, leave Murray out, and you lose height. Take a look at that front three of yours - they're all awkward little buggers. There's no awkward big bugger in there.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I completely get your point about pace. But then, leave Murray out, and you lose height. Take a look at that front three of yours - they're all awkward little buggers. There's no awkward big bugger in there.
I think that's fair, Glenn is pretty good at winning free kicks too.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Pace does not really matter if the opposition defence are playing very deep. We could see this on Saturday with Saints. Where I would bench Murray is against the Top Six where I think pace on the break will be key (see Swansea & James again Citeh last season).

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I doubt Maupay could have got the assist in the same way, but Murray's lack of pace really does make him a weak link and has done for some time... Our midfielders just cannot play the ball in front of him, as he will get done for pace 100% of the time, which is a huge issue.

Murray is absolutely not a weak link, he has strengths that others do not have. The fundamental problem is that we can’t afford to have both Murray and Gross in the starting line up because their joint lack of pace can be damaging to us counter attacking. However, having the likes of Maupay or Andone playing instead of Gross would give a completely different dimension to our team because the pace of either of those 2 guys plus Trossard could have a field day feeding off Muzza and benefiting from his knock downs and hold up play. So the only change I would make is to replace Gross with either Maupay or Andone.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
A curved ball perhaps . . . . Propper is 6'1" why not push him forward, with Trossard and Maupay. Play Stephens and Mooy in midfield. I still don't understand why a player who scores for his country, and has scored in the champions league players so deep at Brighton, and has never scored.

In a similar vain, Gross can place a pass/cross beautifully but doesn't have the pace to be a winger . . .but Plays further forward . . . Sometimes feels to me like they should swap places.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
so now the shackles are well truly off, who should start against relegation fodder, saints.

there will always be too many unforced errors in big shane with potterball (imho), so having never seen webbo play, :)facepalm:), him.

glenn appears to me to offer little except offside decisions; legend, but one season too many i feel. pascal did nothing wrong, but pace will be key against saints' shonky defence (and we have leo's dead ball delivery), so;

as west am, but; webbo, maupay, and andone to come in,

you?

You are suggesting as West Ham apart from changing a third of the outfield.:facepalm:

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
A curved ball perhaps . . . . Propper is 6'1" why not push him forward, with Trossard and Maupay. Play Stephens and Mooy in midfield. I still don't understand why a player who scores for his country, and has scored in the champions league players so deep at Brighton, and has never scored.

1. Davy Pröpper plays in the exact same position for the Netherlands, that he plays for Brighton (except for just two games last summer, when they had a slightly weakened / experimental side out)

2. Davy Pröpper has scored for Brighton (a really good goal, too - away at Leicester)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here