Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar

Yesterday’s ref....he was there too.

0 Not allowed!
    All the discussion has been about VAR ...what did you think about Mr Taylor’s performance?

As an aside i remember reading something about him reffing our games 7 times before and us never losing but 6 of them being draws....well you can add yesterdays to that

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

4 Not allowed!
      I thought he favoured them but I was watching with my blue n white specs on.
      The greater their ignorance, the stronger their opinions.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by One Love View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I thought he favoured them but I was watching with my blue n white specs on.
      I’d agree with that - everything seemed to go for them, much of it quite soft.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      The supporters around me in the North were pissed off with him, but I thought he was alright. He tried to let the game flow, and he wasn't always conned by their tall guy taking a leap at the slightest touch.

0 Not allowed!
      Poor. Could have booked any one of 3 of our players for blocking off the keeper from launching a counter attack. Three times waved a player up suggesting a dive but taking no action. And along with the other officials, seemed to be lost as to what they could and couldn't give under the new regime. I thought a West Ham attack in the second half was one that should have been allowed to go despite a suspicion of offside but was flagged and stopped straight away making VAR pointless.
      RICHARD SWIVELLER, a good-hearted, though somewhat queer young man
      Banned

0 Not allowed!
      Thought he was ok, no real howlers.
      Wanna balloon? Johnny RoastBeef's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Dick Swiveller View Post
      Poor. Could have booked any one of 3 of our players for blocking off the keeper from launching a counter attack. Three times waved a player up suggesting a dive but taking no action. And along with the other officials, seemed to be lost as to what they could and couldn't give under the new regime. I thought a West Ham attack in the second half was one that should have been allowed to go despite a suspicion of offside but was flagged and stopped straight away making VAR pointless.
      Worst decision was allowing play to continue when the ball was clearly a foot out of play.

If a goal had been scored directly after, VAR would have ruled it out, but if West Ham had built up a prolonged period of pressure and then scored, would VAR still be used?

How long is the statute of limitations when using VAR?
      "Johnny RoastBeef had to keep them all tied up and away from the alarms"

0 Not allowed!
      I thought the officials were weak, no point in VAR making the major decisions in both boxes when the officials are poor over the rest of the pitch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Devil's Advocate (p/t)

1 Not allowed!
      Should have booked hernandez early on for a clear dive (I have a recollection of another dive later in the game, but only vaguely). Should have given their defender a second yellow (though perhaps he should have given a freekick for any of the lunging challenges in the build up, which would have avoided Masuaku (?) making that challenge).
      Please report offensive or libellous posts - read more

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Johnny RoastBeef View Post
      Worst decision was allowing play to continue when the ball was clearly a foot out of play.

If a goal had been scored directly after, VAR would have ruled it out, but if West Ham had built up a prolonged period of pressure and then scored, would VAR still be used?

How long is the statute of limitations when using VAR?
      I was chuntering about that as well as I believe we partially cleared the ball which would then likely make it a second phase so it wouldn't have been overturned. That one was one the ones I was referring to when saying the officials seemed to not know what they could give. The linesman actually encroached onto the pitch just after that and I have no idea why. At least a yard on the pitch as if he was off to intervene in a mass brawl.
      RICHARD SWIVELLER, a good-hearted, though somewhat queer young man