Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] The Marvellous 1901 Food Thread is back!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Not exactly thinking of the environment there are they, even if the tin is recyclable? Coleslaw on a plate requires no tin. :shrug:

I might be wrong but it looks like a mock tin to me and reusable? Who knows what our HT will find in there next time. I think this could be a good little sub-plot to the guess the dish threads.

My guess was going to be some kind of chocolate sponge desert.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I’m rather amused. This particular food thread just goes to show that there are some characters on NSC who are so tightly wound they can literally get angry over coleslaw. I mean really! Could you imagine living in their households!?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m rather amused. This particular food thread just goes to show that there are some characters on NSC who are so tightly wound they can literally get angry over coleslaw. I mean really! Could you imagine living in their households!?

Totally. What’s the world coming to when a working class bloke can’t enjoy the fruits of his labour with a burger and a football match without [MENTION=15278]Beach Seagull[/MENTION] turning it into class warfare?

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
I'm disappointed with coleslaw. It is a bit pretentious still, but the chef could have used it for something like salt corn beef or the old school sardines in tomato sauce. This seems like somebody has gone nuts with the crockery budget and now they're putting any old thing in it.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
As an aside I was shocked last week, Amy had a free Saturday and wanted to come to the game, so I contacted the club and asked if I buy three tickets, Amy, her friend and her 5 year old godson, in 1901 East as close to our existing seats as possible.

They came back the following day and said they had located three seats in the row behind us, £105 each, and that just included lounge access, as things turned she had a job come in, so couldn't come, the club put them back on general sale, but they remained unsold at 3pm Saturday.

I appreciate the club are running a business, but am I the only one who thinks £105 for a one off 1901 seat is a tad high?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
As an aside I was shocked last week, Amy had a free Saturday and wanted to come to the game, so I contacted the club and asked if I buy three tickets, Amy, her friend and her 5 year old godson, in 1901 East as close to our existing seats as possible.

They came back the following day and said they had located three seats in the row behind us, £105 each, and that just included lounge access, as things turned she had a job come in, so couldn't come, the club put them back on general sale, but they remained unsold at 3pm Saturday.

I appreciate the club are running a business, but am I the only one who thinks £105 for a one off 1901 seat is a tad high?

Always comes as a bit of a shock when you step out of the STH cocoon and have to buy one-off tickets for family or friends. Treated my daughter and her then-fiancee to tickets in the North a couple of seasons back, pre-PL days, and didn't get a lot of change from £100. Ouch!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Could the 1901er’s on here throw some cake down to the lower stand, to share the fruit of their hard labour. Thanks

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Could the 1901er’s on here throw some cake down to the lower stand, to share the fruit of their hard labour. Thanks
Looks by the state of the offerings up there cake would be the last thing served. Coleslaw in an old dog food tin is what they get. Sounds like they need an escape plan, or food drops like the Berlin blockade.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here