Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Are the shackles off or is this a false dawn

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It's fascinating especially because of Burn's incredible improvement. Improvement? Whatever it is, surely Potter didn't expect to get quite as much out of him.
So now we have our record signing on the bench and the only realistic way he has a chance of playing is to replace the absolute rock Duffy.

It's amazing how quickly Potter has turned the utter mess if last year around.

We haven't had enough time yet to fully assess and appreciate the difference Potter has made but there has been a huge lifting of the players' spirits already. They all look so much fitter and appear to be much happier. Reid and Hamberg deserve credit too-the three of them are clearly a good team.

Burn couldn't get a look in last season but looks worth a lot of money right now. It might be short lived with Burn but him and Dunk will be tough to dislodge from the starting 11.

It's only 2 games into the season but I'm now actually looking forward to watching The Albion again.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Agreed. Crouch is so gangly he looks every inch his 6'7. Burn is more "in proportion" and more of a unit, but without being ungainly.

Disagree. DB looks to me INCREDIBLY gawky and ungainly. But like with Crouch it seems to work. At least for now, against moderate opposition. Suspect his run in the side might be a short one, but fair play to the boy for seizing his chance with both hands :clap2:

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
We haven't had enough time yet to fully assess and appreciate the difference Potter has made but there has been a huge lifting of the players' spirits already. They all look so much fitter and appear to be much happier. Reid and Hamberg deserve credit too-the three of them are clearly a good team.

Burn couldn't get a look in last season but looks worth a lot of money right now. It might be short lived with Burn but him and Dunk will be tough to dislodge from the starting 11.

It's only 2 games into the season but I'm now actually looking forward to watching The Albion again.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

With Burn, I just can't see how this is a purple patch. Yes, he's gonna be dumped on his ass by certain players, yes he can look a bit awkward and was a little sloppy with his passing at times on Sat, but he is clearly very well suited to this role and a real bloody handful both in defence and attack. If Webster is better than him then we really are well off for defenders now.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
To me we're unsheathed from the doomladen messages that dominated our manner for much of last season. I disagreed with the regular use of this is our level, as if we couldn't improve and shouldn't dare think of attacking our obvious superiors. They weren't words to enthuse, or bring hope to those who sometimes didn't hunger for a clean sheet alone. Pragmatic, perhaps, but overly defeatist.
We don't have that now. We have a chap who wants the players to express themselves, i would think both on the field and emotionally, bringing about a grown-up sense of union and identity. I would hope this brings the best out of our squad and its many pieces now, giving moments at least of joy to them and us. I've only seen the one game, partially littered with unpunished error, but by jingo i almost saw one of our best goals for years in Trossard's second half miss. We sought to penetrate without hesitation or anxiety, and my eyes this minute bulge at seeing such swift collaboration again soon.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here