Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
    Not actually Dale Jasper Dale Jasper's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Valkyrie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just think his limited tactics came from his lack of belief in our squad.
    Yep.
    I wouldn’t say hughton was a flamboyant manager but he also wasnt bound by some kind of innate negativity.
    The biggest factor in his downfall was the marquee signings. Too many didn’t come off, most spectacularly AJ.
    Interesting that potter has sidelined locadia and aj already. maybe, just maybe, it wasn’t hughton and his tactics making them crap. Maybe they just are crap.
    “With all due respect to Brighton, who the **** are Brighton?” Troopz, Arsenal Fan TV

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park View Post
      There's been some real pace injected with the introduction of Trossard, a real gem. Maupay will more than, er, maupay his way. Dan Burn's been something of a gawky revelation. And AJ and Big Jurg appear to be rightly sidelined. So no, I don't believe it's a false dawn. But neither do I believe in that shackles guff.
      And Montoya looks like the quality operator that his CV promised he could be.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Couldn't Be Hyypia View Post
      I'm not sold on this one

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk
      Jacob Schilt(pic:SebDaly) Nottseagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Dale Jasper View Post
      Interesting that potter has sidelined locadia and aj already. maybe, just maybe, it wasn’t hughton and his tactics making them crap. Maybe they just are crap.
      Do you think they would be sidelined if we didn't have Maupay and Trossard?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by rogersix View Post
      are you implying that hewts had lost the dressing room?
      No, I'm not - and that's something else all of us who weren't in the dressing room will never know either. I'm implying - no, actually I'm stating a fact - that they did huddle round the six yard box like frightened sheep. All too often.

I don't know why, and I'm not going to speculate.
      Mon nez est en SW6... Knocky's Nose's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Couldn't Be Hyypia View Post
      Don't see this. Probably against the grain, but I see him as a bit of a weak link... I wish Bernardo could switch sides and rip it up.
      Ce Qui Donne?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Dale Jasper View Post
      Yep.
      I wouldn’t say hughton was a flamboyant manager but he also wasnt bound by some kind of innate negativity.
      The biggest factor in his downfall was the marquee signings. Too many didn’t come off, most spectacularly AJ.
      Sidelined Locadia ? He started against Watford.......bit early to say he’s been sidelined.
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Nottseagull View Post
      Do you think they would be sidelined if we didn't have Maupay and Trossard?
      The decisions he’s made on those two (subbing and then overlooking one, not even putting the other on the bench) , suggests to me he isn’t impressed regardless of the fact we now have obviously better players.
      I am a bit bias though as imho aj is gash and locadia is okay in mid table championship kind of way, but not up to the premier league.
      Thank god it looks like we don’t have to rely on them this season.
      Even with the misses yesterday, the new signings look way better.
      “With all due respect to Brighton, who the **** are Brighton?” Troopz, Arsenal Fan TV
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by SussexSeahawk View Post
      I'm saying that all Bloom cares about and all I care about is the results aspect. I am not saying they are mutually exclusive but I am saying they are independent: Potter isn't a better manager BECAUSE he plays football that is more interesting to watch.

If the better results comes about through more attractive football then that's great. I would rather Potter be our manager because I think our results will be better. But if you are saying you would rather Potter be our manager than Hughton because he plays more attractive football, then it means there are other considerations beyond results that matter.

It means that in a hypothetical scenario you would rather have a manger that gets worse results but plays better football. That's obviously a reasonable position to have but not one that I share.
      I refer you to Bakero's reply, which concurs with mine.
      Methinks you've either got yourself into a bit of a hole and are now 'tweeking' your tune or you were rather ambivalent in your original post.
      Anyway, it doesn't really matter, most of us on here, including you, all want success for our team.
      Especially Tony Bloom, who wants more attractive football and more success!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
      Sidelined Locadia ? He started against Watford.......bit early to say he’s been sidelined.
      Fair enough. I reckon he will struggle for minutes though.