Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Building Insurance Flats

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I need to renew my building insurance soon on a Victorian house converted into 3 flats.
I want to take out a policy with a new insurer, but it's a bit of a minefield. :dunce:

Any advice greatly appreciated

Many thanks

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I need to renew my building insurance soon on a Victorian house converted into 3 flats.
I want to take out a policy with a new insurer, but it's a bit of a minefield. :dunce:

Many thanks

When we took over the freehold of our Victorian house converted into flats we inherited the previous freeholder's broker RT Williams who are based in Patcham. We've stuck with them ever since and have always had good service from them. Recommended.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
When we took over the freehold of our Victorian house converted into flats we inherited the previous freeholder's broker RT Williams who are based in Patcham. We've stuck with them ever since and have always had good service from them. Recommended.

Similar story, only the previous freeholder died, we (the leaseholders) didn't know for a while as he lived elsewhere, his son was paying the insurance thinking it was to do with his mother's home (she had dementia).
Anyway, sorry to waffle on, thanks for your help :thumbsup:

PS. I only want to move it as it keeps going up (not that the others care, they are more than happy for me to deal with it!)

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Me too. Wish I'd bought all the other flats in the house when they became available and cost about thruppence apiece in old money. Gah!

Flat next door is on the market for stupid money .... masionette with sea views (it has a room in the roof and the sea view would be standing on a chair with your head stuck out the Velux window :)

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Flat next door is on the market for stupid money .... masionette with sea views (it has a room in the roof and the sea view would be standing on a chair with your head stuck out the Velux window :)

There's a lot of those along the coast! My old flat in Shoreham was the same, until they build a massive block of flats on the south side, you'd be lucky to see a seagull now!

Luckily I'm long gone, from memory the building insureNce was managed by the freeholder. They were sharks. There must be thousands of Victorian houses converted to flats in B&H, so you'd have thought a local broker would be familiar?

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
There's a lot of those along the coast! My old flat in Shoreham was the same, until they build a massive block of flats on the south side, you'd be lucky to see a seagull now!

Luckily I'm long gone, from memory the building insureNce was managed by the freeholder. They were sharks. There must be thousands of Victorian houses converted to flats in B&H, so you'd have thought a local broker would be familiar?

yes, I'm sure there are loads of local Brokers, I just need to get my act together (I'm very lazy about stuff that bores me!)
thanks

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Oh I used to use them....but the office I used was up by seven dials....always good ..particularly if you needed to make a claim

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
yes, I'm sure there are loads of local Brokers, I just need to get my act together (I'm very lazy about stuff that bores me!)
thanks

Me too . . . . 11 years to fix the side gate for example. Took 20 minutes when I finally got round to it.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

Hi, RTW have been really helpful!

Cheers!

:thumbsup:

now I have more free time to read up on insurance zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, I think in the past we have been paying for cover not needed on the building

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

That may affect your premiums.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here