Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Are you Hazard in disguise?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Has gone a long way already towards taking the edge off missing Knocky. You get much of the same sublime skillset and none of the flakey petulance. Feels like an upgrade!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He's not Hazard, totally different player, but definitely one of our better players, and a high quality one at that

The fact he's slotted in immediatelY sets him aside as being an intelligent player, which is always a bonus ( Gross/Propper for example)

We just need to integrate strikers who can run and pension off Murray to complete the transformation to mid table PL mediocrity!

This.

There were so many great passages of midfield play today or the start of counter attacks, where you could clearly see ideal opportunities for a Maupay, Andone, Trossard to take a diagonal line that’d rip the WH defence apart. Gross, for example, was looking for those runners.

Lovely to have that pace, another virtuous aspect for GP to work on.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Has gone a long way already towards taking the edge off missing Knocky. You get much of the same sublime skillset and none of the flakey petulance. Feels like an upgrade!

That'll be because he's a huge upgrade.
Not that those who completely lost their pooh over AK leaving will agree.

Although very soon I'm sure they'll be denying all knowledge of the guff they wrote.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I am too thick to pay attention most of the time but the bit where he controlled the ball at an impossible angle on the byline in front of the north stand was the best piece of control I've ever seen at the theatre of nightmares

I'm (pretty much) in the NE corner and that particular move left us bemused as to just how on earth he'd managed that. Was amazing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This.

There were so many great passages of midfield play today or the start of counter attacks, where you could clearly see ideal opportunities for a Maupay, Andone, Trossard to take a diagonal line that’d rip the WH defence apart. Gross, for example, was looking for those runners.

Lovely to have that pace, another virtuous aspect for GP to work on.

The moment I saw the size and mobilitiness (is a word) of West Ham's centre backs I knew Murray would get very little today.

There may well still be a team or two, in this division that GM could still get something from, but today we were crying out for the lil fellas.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That'll be because he's a huge upgrade.
Not that those who completely lost their pooh over AK leaving will agree.

Although very soon I'm sure they'll be denying all knowledge of the guff they wrote.

This.........and if you watched the Fulham/Hudds game you’d have seen more of precisely why the club were happy to let AK go.

Trossard is potentially our POTS I reckon. Looked a bit nervous early on today (trying a bit too hard) but hugely encouraging otherwise. Will learn quickly.

Northern_Gull

Mar 30, 2019
Yorkshire
He seems to have that instinct, just like Gross, where to play a pass, where the run or his run needs to be going, it's class like that which will win us games, shame we couldn't put the ball in the net more today because our passages of play were outstanding

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The moment I saw the size and mobilitiness (is a word) of West Ham's centre backs I knew Murray would get very little today.

There may well still be a team or two, in this division that GM could still get something from, but today we were crying out for the lil fellas.

I know what you mean, but others feel you need a battling CF to help give your team the right to play. Otherwise little forwards can get completely bullied out of matches by bruisers.

It’s a similar story in CM. In my opinion every team needs at least one Stephens type. A CM composed entirely of little technicians would get bullied out of the game.

The BBC made reference to this today with “Fornals was bullied (fairly) by Brighton’s sturdy back line”.

Plus I trust Potter on this one.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This.........and if you watched the Fulham/Hudds game you’d have seen more of precisely why the club were happy to let AK go.

Trossard is potentially our POTS I reckon. Looked a bit nervous early on today (trying a bit too hard) but hugely encouraging otherwise. Will learn quickly.

I nailed my colours to the mast with Big Jurg's goal v Brum.

Trossard did the hard work and from a beautiful position 20 yards out, nicely on the angle, against a less than agile 'keeper, he looked up and laid the ball off Jurg to score.

Class.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
At the risk of making a further blunder in assessing your grammatical competence on this thread, I'm going to say "It ain't".

Is too.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
He's not Hazard, totally different player, but definitely one of our better players, and a high quality one at that

The fact he's slotted in immediatelY sets him aside as being an intelligent player, which is always a bonus ( Gross/Propper for example)

I'm with you there. I don't seem him as Hazardesque, at present. Petite and Belgian aren't the two main things i'd say of Hazard to describe him as a player, so the similarities don't seem abundant. He certainly has an eye for goal though, a hungry eye at that, and will move and wind and slide and dart and find himself in a position to score. Very glad to have him and to watch him familiarise himself with how we energetically/panic-buttonly do things so that he can get it and get better.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
If he maintains or even improves on that level of performance he's going to be our first premier league game changer. He has everything you want from a player in his position, touch, technique, vision, movement and intelligence.

He's going to be our x factor. Enjoy him while you can.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
His only issue is going to be being too lightweight. Thought he was good today but also made a few stray passes. Encouraging though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here