Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Are you Hazard in disguise?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The pearl clutching swoons to the floor at the merest mention of Mr Knockaert are already well on their way to the history books.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Thought this was going to be another Dan Burn thread.

I thought I'd never see overlapping centre-backs, but Burn does the job quite nicely. Fantastic cross for Muzza too.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The pearl clutching swoons to the floor at the merest mention of Mr Knockaert are already well on their way to the history books.

I for one, would have liked to see us play them both. Ah well. Players come and go

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I thought I'd never see overlapping centre-backs, but Burn does the job quite nicely. Fantastic cross for Muzza too.

No wonder Burn was nowhere near the first team under CH, other than deadball situations defenders aren't allowed that far forward

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Burn had an incredible game and this was the highlight. Muzza should have buried it. Our biggest issue today was not taking our chances.

However, Trossard looks like he's a class or three above anyone we've ever had playing for us. Three chances today, the two more difficult ones absolutely buried. Just a shame he was off balance for the easy one. Beyond that he has the first touch of a God. Has so much time on the ball because his touch and pace created space that other players just don't have. Even if we only get a season out of him it'll be worth signing him.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Burn had an incredible game and this was the highlight. Muzza should have buried it. Our biggest issue today was not taking our chances.

I think some wingers complicate crosses in their own minds, and try to wrap their whole foot around it. Dan Burn, with not much crossing experience, just thought of it as a long pass and put the ball straight on his forehead. On another afternoon we could have had 3 or 4.

However, Trossard looks like he's a class or three above anyone we've ever had playing for us. Three chances today, the two more difficult ones absolutely buried. Just a shame he was off balance for the easy one. Beyond that he has the first touch of a God. Has so much time on the ball because his touch and pace created space that other players just don't have. Even if we only get a season out of him it'll be worth signing him.

I don't think I've seen many Brighton goals like his first today. Fantastic technique. We didn't see many like that in League 1.

I think we've got a real player on our hands, and he didn't need time to bed in, which is good. He's a natural at this level.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
If he plays an entire season like that he’ll almost certainly be snaffled by a bigger club next year but we’d be able to charge one hell of a fee.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

The extra touch for his goal was sublime.
As you say we've not seen his kind round these parts before.

[tweet]1162769860037881856[/tweet]

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Great debut from Trossard, going to be a fantastic signing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

We look to have unearthed a real gem there for sure :clap2:

Presumably has been overlooked up til now at the higher levels due to being 'too short'? If so, great, all the better for us :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I am too thick to pay attention most of the time but the bit where he controlled the ball at an impossible angle on the byline in front of the north stand was the best piece of control I've ever seen at the theatre of nightmares

I'm in a great position to see that, and still don't know how he did it.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The extra touch for his goal was sublime.
As you say we've not seen his kind round these parts before.

[tweet]1162769860037881856[/tweet]

Seemed like a hell of a crowd roar for the goal, high on the Amex Richter Scale. Such a relief, especially with the away end cocky after taking the lead against the run of play. “You’re not singing anymore” was sweet.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
He's not Hazard, totally different player, but definitely one of our better players, and a high quality one at that

The fact he's slotted in immediatelY sets him aside as being an intelligent player, which is always a bonus ( Gross/Propper for example)

We just need to integrate strikers who can run and pension off Murray to complete the transformation to mid table PL mediocrity!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here