Gross - 6
Trossard - 8.5
Murray - 6

Maupay - 5
Andone - 6

Albion100

Jan 4, 2013
Patcham
I seem to be in a minority today, but thought Murray had a good game (no way near MoM, but decent). He was a handful all day, playing an integral role in Trossards goal, and laying back a good ball for Maupay's chance. Should have scored with his earlier chance though.

I agree with you. I thought Murray was excellent today and we looked worse when he went off. It's funny how everyone sees it differently. I thought March was very average again. Works hard but couldn't beat a man and his crossing was awful as always yet some people have rated him highly.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I thought we were looking ragged before Murray went off - passes being intercepted and going astray. Being outmuscled, etc. A better side would have punished us in those last 20. Though, on another day we could have also won it in those last 20. I didn't think we looked worse because Murray went off, I just think we tired/lost focus toward the end regardless of Murray.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I agree with you. I thought Murray was excellent today and we looked worse when he went off. It's funny how everyone sees it differently. I thought March was very average again. Works hard but couldn't beat a man and his crossing was awful as always yet some people have rated him highly.

Agree about Murray he orchestrated the team from the front , very underrated.

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
I was thinking about this. We have not been good at playing opponents offside for some years now. Meanwhile, Glenn is second only to Elvis Manu in his offside count. I can't see offsides going our way very often at all.

Sounds like Glenn is the Devil in Disguise.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I thought we were looking ragged before Murray went off - passes being intercepted and going astray. Being outmuscled, etc. A better side would have punished us in those last 20. Though, on another day we could have also won it in those last 20. I didn't think we looked worse because Murray went off, I just think we tired/lost focus toward the end regardless of Murray.

Watch our goal again. That’s what Murray was doing to their centre halves all game, allowing space for those around him. It was much easier for West Ham once Glenn went off.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Fouled for the free kick for the disallowed goal from holding the ball up

Involved in the goal

Good ball which Maupay should have scored from

Yeah rubbish wasn’t he.

Frequently standing offside which delayed the rest of the team playing at pace.

Loss of possession because playing for a foul (he’s been rumbled by refs).

Terrible miss from a free header.

Yes, quite poor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Frequently standing offside which delayed the rest of the team playing at pace.

Loss of possession because playing for a foul (he’s been rumbled by refs).

Terrible miss from a free header.

Yes, quite poor.

I agree with the things he did wrong

But you can’t say he was poor when he was involved in our best chances.

He wasn’t great yesterday, but he wasn’t poor either

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I agree with the things he did wrong

But you can’t say he was poor when he was involved in our best chances.

He wasn’t great yesterday, but he wasn’t poor either

Think my rating was a 5, which is ‘below average’, that’s how I felt.

Perhaps poor is too strong and below average is fairer, but it’s all nomenclature and I wasn’t impressed

Sorry - opinions [emoji2]

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Think my rating was a 5, which is ‘below average’, that’s how I felt.

Perhaps poor is too strong and below average is fairer, but it’s all nomenclature and I wasn’t impressed

Sorry - opinions [emoji2]

The thought in our group was yesterday was a game which was crying out for pace up front and that Murray would have been more effective off the bench. But that said when he actually got involved what he did was good. I’d have said an average game, just couldn’t say he was poor when he should have really finished the game being involved in two goals.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The thought in our group was yesterday was a game which was crying out for pace up front and that Murray would have been more effective off the bench. But that said when he actually got involved what he did was good. I’d have said an average game, just couldn’t say he was poor when he should have really finished the game being involved in two goals.

The pace thing is a good point. Given the difficulty West Ham had with City, I thought Potter May have rested Murray and gone with Andone.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
The pace thing is a good point. Given the difficulty West Ham has with City, I thought Potter May have rested Murray and gone with Andone.

There was one point in the first half where Propper had the ball near the half way line by the dugouts and the WH back line was SO high was ideal for a ball over the top but the only two players in front of Propper were Groß and Murray.

I actually think Groß played ok yesterday ... but at home in that system I think we can only play one of Murray and Groß due to the lack of pace they both have.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There was one point in the first half where Propper had the ball near the half way line by the dugouts and the WH back line was SO high was ideal for a ball over the top but the only two players in front of Propper were Groß and Murray.

I actually think Groß played ok yesterday ... but at home in that system I think we can only play one of Murray and Groß due to the lack of pace they both have.

By your reasoning then it has to be Groß as at least he can still play the final ball.

I was led to believe Murray must start because he always scores against West Ham, did he even have a shot on or off target?

Last edited:

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton

This

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton

I agree. May not be a popular opinion but I thought compared with pre season & last week's game we missed Locadia yesterday, for this very reason

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here