Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Attacking football

bhafcjack

Nov 3, 2018
Brighton
Really good and exciting attacking football today, something I haven't seen for a while from the Albion (didn't go Watford). If we were more clinical we would of got the 3 points today, but a point will do. Trossard and Burn were brilliant. Only concern was we did look vulnerable on the counter attack. UTA

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Really good and exciting attacking football today, something I haven't seen for a while from the Albion (didn't go Watford). If we were more clinical we would of got the 3 points today, but a point will do. Trossard and Burn were brilliant. Only concern was we did look vulnerable on the counter attack. UTA

I thought that too. 3 at the back providing another body to play someone on-side. Never considered that before. Still, a work in progress.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Definitely vulnerable down our right, are opposition coaches targeting Montoya with numbers? At least we won’t always play the likes of Lanzini and GP will be working on that no doubt.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Burn is outstanding for such a tall player, I refer you to my Dan Burn Fan Club thread. Trossard is the new Eden Hazard.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Think we have probably had more shots in the last 2 games then December to May last season such a joy to watch Brighton really go for it. Not the finished article and it is worth noting we had 60 million worth of acquisitions that didn’t get on the pitch today.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Agree with all that.

I will be more than happy with some ups and downs, saying "win some lose some", if we keep playing like that this season.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Some of Sheff United overlapping centre back tactics on show today, I thought it was great. I'm sure there is improvement to come as they learn the system.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I'm enjoying this 3 at the back. Always someone to pass to, and if the opposition presses we just chip it to an unmarked player further up. Fantastic.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Very very impressed with Burn, I love the way he has the freedom to go rampaging forward, he looks assured on the ball and comfortable defending.
A well deserved man of the match !

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I think we need to start with Maupay and Andone vs Saints

Absolutely. Centre back is Southampton’s weakest position. I’m amazed, as are most of their fans they didn’t strengthen there in the summer. They could really do with one or two of ours we have going spare!

And the centre backs they do have are not very mobile and will really struggle, IMO, against Maupay and Andone’s pace and movement.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
It was a great game, even though we didnt win it was end to end and really enjoyable. Annoying we didnt win every single player had a game and half.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Fine positive display throughout, so much so that Maupay and Trossard fluffing their lines in front of goal doesn't really detract from the result maybe as much as it should do. Trossard in particular remains WELL in credit. Doesn't he hit a ball sweetly! And Ryan, Dunk and Duffy must be relishing not reenacting the Alamo and having to throw their bodies on the line every other minute. All good stuff! And big awkward bugger Dan Burn getting MoM was just the icing on the cake (tho I'd have given it to Trossard myself). Days like today are why we go to football. More of the same next Saturday por favor :clap2:

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
We created chances, Trossard miss hit one, Propper's header and Maupay leaning back for the half volley hitting it over the bar. Another day, two of the three go in and we walk away with all three points.

Encouraging signs for the rest of the season.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Weren't we 3 wins, 1 draw and 0 losses under Hughton against West Ham

With a goal aggregate of 9-3

[emoji6]

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills