Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bottletop Gate

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Take your own bottle tops in to place on the bottle purchased. Joking apart £1.90 for a lukewarm bottle of H20, albeit it with bu**shi* printed on it explaining how wondrous the water within is :eek:

Water fountains and byo own lidless containers would probably generate far more in goodwill that the cost of providing.

This is all getting out of hand. Water fountains and complimentary one way valve containers? Christ...at Withdean we were forced to drink each other’s urine rather than face the 10 minute queue for cans of warm diet cola. At least there you could smoke a spliff on the bank behind the kiosks with some impunity.

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This stupid ban came into force after Dele Ali took a quarter full bottle of Evian on the head nothing to do with our fans absolute over reaction from PB who must of thought he was still at spuds.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Pretty sure I saw someone selling some blackmarket bottle tops in the mens toilet at halftime last Saturday. The only thing I saw was £20 pass hands but it was very clear the man was selling illegal bottle tops partly because I'd bought 2 off him just before the match began.

We need to kick the bottletop dealers out of our ground. They're mugging the club off big time. Sniffer dogs specially trained to sniff out a bottle top should be the next course of action to upgrade on the amex security for anymore of this illegal activity in the mens.

Last edited:

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Pretty sure I saw someone selling some blackmarket bottle tops in the mens toilet at halftime last Saturday. The only thing I saw was £20 pass hands but it was very clear the man was selling illegal bottle tops partly because I'd bought 2 off him just before the match began.

We need to kick the bottletop dealers out of our ground. They're mugging the club off big time. Sniffer dogs specially trained to sniff out a bottle top should be the next course of action to upgrade on the amex security for anymore of this illegal activity in the mens.
I also heard that and they were being smuggled in via body orifices. I hope you didn't use them.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

This is all getting out of hand. Water fountains and complimentary one way valve containers? Christ...at Withdean we were forced to drink each other’s urine rather than face the 10 minute queue for cans of warm diet cola. At least there you could smoke a spliff on the bank behind the kiosks with some impunity.

....after being made to crawl over broken glass from where the cattle truck dropped us at the park and ride stop, fans today don't know they are born.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
In the lower West (not sure about other stands?) they put the removed bottle tops in a plastic pint glass next to the till - so on Saturday I ordered my bottle of water and as the girl turned round to get it I just helped myself to a lid while her back was turned 👍

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Anyone is capable of taking in a bottle top...several people around me had them.

One wonders what the punishment would be if caught. Would it be same as being caught with knife or fireworks? Surrounded by stewards thrown to the floor and carted off by Police to be in court next day

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
In the lower West (not sure about other stands?) they put the removed bottle tops in a plastic pint glass next to the till - so on Saturday I ordered my bottle of water and as the girl turned round to get it I just helped myself to a lid while her back was turned ��

Having read this post from earlier on in this thread from the West Ham game...

Bought a bottle of pop last week, as the server turned to retrieve the item from behind the counter, quickly snaffled one of the tops there were in the plastic cups by the till for when they take them off the top of the bottle before giving to you.

Simples

...that was going to be my tactic for Southampton in the WSU. Up there they've cottoned on to this tactic unfortunately, and deposited the tops under the counter and out of reach.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Having read this post from earlier on in this thread from the West Ham game...

...that was going to be my tactic for Southampton in the WSU. Up there they've cottoned on to this tactic unfortunately, and deposited the tops under the counter and out of reach.

I bought my lad a coke as being a shit dad I'd forgetton about lunch let alone taking a drink or worrying about his teeth. As the server went to take the lid away my 8 year old son put on his best 'ladrador getting put down face' on and I asked to keep the lid. Looking into the sad puppy eyes he left it on the shelf. Granted, there are many variables there but sympathy goes a long way.

(if PB is reading this, I do have video footage that I'd be prepared to make up for a small fee)

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
It is getting ridiculous. Around me bottle tops we’re bringing brought out from handbags, pockets and those snaffled from the bars

Agree there were plenty around me with bottle tops ....... although the water running down past me told me the people two rows back hadn`t sneaked any through. A ridiculous situation exacerbated by the heat on saturday.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Bottletopgate surely..
Or is it a new part of the ground rather like the Shankly Gates at Anfield ?
(apologies if this important question has already been asked. I really can’t be bothered to read 10 pages)

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It really is the most ridiculous scenario.

Only today I stood at the side of an FA approved pitch and watched a match, with a pint of real beer, albeit in a plastic
pot (let's not go there just yet) both boys I was parent/guardian to were in possession of bottles with HUGE LIDS!

Not one single person seemed concerned, although I had to mop my brow when I saw someone walk by with HOT tea, in a CERAMIC mug!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It is getting ridiculous. Around me bottle tops we’re bringing brought out from handbags, pockets and those snaffled from the bars

They didn't even take the lids off the 2 bottles of fizzy pop jnr bought at half-time.

He picked us up a couple of pints of water for the first half, I think we were just about the only ones in the family stand drinking free water.

We really are bad bad fans.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
So I bought my daughter a bottle of Coke on Saturday and they duly removed the top. Say you didn't want to drink it quickly and save some for later? What then? It'll be flat as you like.

She did drink it quickly.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So I bought my daughter a bottle of Coke on Saturday and they duly removed the top. Say you didn't want to drink it quickly and save some for later? What then? It'll be flat as you like.

Going flat isn't an issue - it will be knocked over, spilling that oh-so-precious sticky liquid all over the stand. We've all been there...

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I asked the chap behind the bar if he could leave it on. I explained I am an adult and can behave. He was polite enough, took the lid off and then handed it to me with my bottle. Even with Friend's performance, I never once felt like I wanted to luzz it over the East Upper at him. Must be mellowing out in my old age.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here