Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 1901 dress code

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Trainers are again, no longer acceptable according to an email received yesterday.

No canvas shoes is what it said you absolute tosser.

Looking forward to seeing all the 1901ers in the "dugout" in their Albion tops :thumbsup:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
If you are going to try and hide behind another account Timmy, for the love of God learn how commas work.
Tell you what, I'll give you a lesson for free. Here is an example sentence.

In the recent council elections for the Withdean Ward, three Green Party candidates were elected.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Can you go bare footed ?

Aug 5, 2015
Acceptable attire includes smart jeans and shoes. Please note ripped jeans, shorts, trainers, canvas shoes and flip flops are not permitted.
This is from the website, was checking for myself

Falmerfourtickets

Dec 14, 2010
I’d hate for someone to turn up without the correct attire and be turned away.

I hope everyone enjoys the match wherever they are sitting.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I’d hate for someone to turn up without the correct attire and be turned away.

I hope everyone enjoys the match wherever they are sitting.
What about if someone didn't turn up at all because they thought the game had been called off due to fog?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Has there been an issue with people pushing, or even breaking, the rules?

Reason I ask is Barber makes reference to the enforcement of the 1901 dress code in his recent program notes and I myself have been asked to button up my shirt at the Saints game.

As an aside, I love the deft and seamless way Barber switches from the plight of Bury and Bolton to enforcing the dress code in his notes.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Has there been an issue with people pushing, or even breaking, the rules?

Reason I ask is Barber makes reference to the enforcement of the 1901 dress code in his recent program notes and I myself have been asked to button up my shirt at the Saints game.

As an aside, I love the deft and seamless way Barber switches from the plight of Bury and Bolton to enforcing the dress code in his notes.

What on Earth? Seriously HT, you were asked to button up your shirt? What, because you were Simon Cowelling it, complete with medallion? Or because you don’t do the top one because rightly you’re not wearing a tie? If latter this is turning 1901 into a farce. Fussy dress rules to eat a plate of warmed up ‘voila’ Brakes food that was blast frozen in a Humberside factory before being marked up 2000%! It’s a football match v Burnley not the Olympic Dressage final!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What on Earth? Seriously HT, you were asked to button up your shirt? What, because you were Simon Cowelling it, complete with medallion? Or because you don’t do the top one because rightly you’re not wearing a tie? If latter this is turning 1901 into a farce. Fussy dress rules to eat a plate of warmed up ‘voila’ Brakes food that was blast frozen in a Humberside factory before being marked up 2000%! It’s a football match v Burnley not the Olympic Dressage final!

Seriously, I was asked to do up a button on my shirt. It was a casual shirt, and I wasn’t flaunting any chest in my opinion. At worst maybe too casual but it wasn’t Magnum PI or Do-You-Think-I’m-Sexy era Rod Stewart.

I can only assume the security types were briefed on enforcing the dress-code and something got a bit lost. There was a similar issue when they issued the food ban which briefly led to a 70 plus supporter being warned about consuming a Twirl Bar inside the ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here