Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 1901 dress code

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
As I was going in yesterday there was a chap being turned away for wearing shorts claiming he'd worn shorts in there on numerous occasions in the past which to be fair he probably had as I've seen several people wearing shorts before.

Think that rule is a bit OTT personally. Nothing wrong with a pair of tailored shorts.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
This reminds me of yesterday when our club photographer was initially denied access to the walking round the pitch in front of WSL

These days it seems that rules is rules and that's the end of it

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
What on Earth? Seriously HT, you were asked to button up your shirt? What, because you were Simon Cowelling it, complete with medallion? Or because you don’t do the top one because rightly you’re not wearing a tie? If latter this is turning 1901 into a farce. Fussy dress rules to eat a plate of warmed up ‘voila’ Brakes food that was blast frozen in a Humberside factory before being marked up 2000%! It’s a football match v Burnley not the Olympic Dressage final!

I was at the Olympic Dressage Final. It rained. But I was told to ssshhhh when I gave a yelp as I heard on the radio someone win gold in the canoeing.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Seriously, I was asked to do up a button on my shirt. It was a casual shirt, and I wasn’t flaunting any chest in my opinion. At worst maybe too casual but it wasn’t Magnum PI or Do-You-Think-I’m-Sexy era Rod Stewart.

I can only assume the security types were briefed on enforcing the dress-code and something got a bit lost. There was a similar issue when they issued the food ban which briefly led to a 70 plus supporter being warned about consuming a Twirl Bar inside the ground.

Just as dangerous as a bottle top to be fair.

With its screw like frame it could embed itself rather than just strike bluntly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
As I was going in yesterday there was a chap being turned away for wearing shorts claiming he'd worn shorts in there on numerous occasions in the past which to be fair he probably had as I've seen several people wearing shorts before.

Think that rule is a bit OTT personally. Nothing wrong with a pair of tailored shorts.

I’ve never seen anyone in our 1901 lounge in shorts, nor in any other 1901 lounge.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Seriously, I was asked to do up a button on my shirt. It was a casual shirt, and I wasn’t flaunting any chest in my opinion. At worst maybe too casual but it wasn’t Magnum PI or Do-You-Think-I’m-Sexy era Rod Stewart.

I can only assume the security types were briefed on enforcing the dress-code and something got a bit lost. There was a similar issue when they issued the food ban which briefly led to a 70 plus supporter being warned about consuming a Twirl Bar inside the ground.
Astonishing. What next, tuck your shirt in? Idiots. As for a pensioner eating chocolate inside, oh FFS. Barber OUT!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I was at the Olympic Dressage Final. It rained. But I was told to ssshhhh when I gave a yelp as I heard on the radio someone win gold in the canoeing.

Snigger! You got shushed by some snob called Pollyanna with horse dentures wearing an Alice band! That’lllearn yer for trying something different. Now, back to football, pie and a pint please!

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Mr Barber wants to get rid of the 1901. He hates the fact that 90% of members are long term fans who signed up for some extra comfort post Withdean and Goldstone. He neither gets or is interested in the culture of The Albion and it’s fans. He can make more money from the lounges if the 1901 fans are turfed out and replaced with corporate big spenders.
The 1901 ‘offer’ will continue to be eroded and Mr Barber will find ways of getting his way.
Don’t make the mistake of thinking the club cares about how it treats it’s fans anymore. It’s all about the money and in fairness is what Mr Barber was probably employed for

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The love for Timmy is outstanding

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
In Saturday's programme (not that I buy one!), Barber wrote a very fair and reasonable piece on VAR and then spoiled it all by rambling on about how important it was to enforce the strict dress code! FFS. It is FOOTBALL - not the Royal Opera House.

ETA IIRC the dress code is being strictly enforced to protect the revenue stream. :shrug:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
In Saturday's programme (not that I buy one!), Barber wrote a very fair and reasonable piece on VAR and then spoiled it all by rambling on about how important it was to enforce the strict dress code! FFS. It is FOOTBALL - not the Royal Opera House.

ETA IIRC the dress code is being strictly enforced to protect the revenue stream. :shrug:

There’s no dress code at the RoH. I’ve seen people in there with shorts, their own picnicks (lots of those), lots with bottles of water (with tops), even one wearing colours. The RoH is far more inclusive than 1901.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I must be wrong, judging by the above, but I thought 'tailored shorts' were specifically listed as ACCEPTABLE?

And what of the trainer (and canvas shoe) ban referred to earlier in the thread? that must have been for a specific (dining?) part of the lounges, because I've witnessed no change. I've worn trainers to the West Ham and Burnley games - both in the MWB lounge. :shrug:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I must be wrong, judging by the above, but I thought 'tailored shorts' were specifically listed as ACCEPTABLE?

And what of the trainer (and canvas shoe) ban referred to earlier in the thread? that must have been for a specific (dining?) part of the lounges, because I've witnessed no change. I've worn trainers to the West Ham and Burnley games - both in the MWB lounge. :shrug:

"Acceptable attire includes smart jeans, smart boots, clean trainers and canvas shoes. Please note that ripped jeans, shorts and flip-flops are not permitted."

But dining areas

"Hospitality guests dining in any restaurant will be required to wear shoes; trainers will not be permitted in dining areas. All other 1901 Club dress code applies."

Should add none of the above applies to special guests of the club. Chris Eubank Jr and his entourage looked they'd been dragged through a hedge backwards last season.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
It’s all about the money and in fairness is what Mr Barber was probably employed for

If Barber wasn't doing what he was employed for Bloom/The Board would have gotten rid of him by now. Everyone aims their hatred at him as though he is personally responsible for everything but he has a remit from his bosses.

Jan 30, 2008
If Barber wasn't doing what he was employed for Bloom/The Board would have gotten rid of him by now. Everyone aims their hatred at him as though he is personally responsible for everything but he has a remit from his bosses.

..............A yes man
regards
DH

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here