Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] English sparkling wine

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A German champagne loving friend was first incredulous, and then mocking, of the idea the English make sparkling wine.

To educate my ignorant friend, I plan to buy him a bottle after today’s game. To save my post-match victory celebration turning into a city wide fizz hunt can someone tell me where to go buy a bottle this evening.

Thanks in advance.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Waitrose stock Rigdeview. In fact, the Waitrose own brand English sparkling is produced by Ridgeview.

Just checked and it’s open until 9pm. It’s a possibility. Thanks.

Ideally I’d like somewhere near the station.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
All wine tastes the same, like piss.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Quaff (Fiveways and Portland Road, Hove) will certainly sort you out, there are more imaginative and better choices than Ridgeview IMO. How you going to get it back in hand luggage?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Quaff (Fiveways and Portland Road, Hove) will certainly sort you out, there are more imaginative and better choices than Ridgeview IMO. How you going to get it back in hand luggage?

Nytimber regularly win awards for their Sussex Sparkling Wine, and having tried it, I see why.

Majestic seem to stock it, at least online.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Nytimber regularly win awards for their Sussex Sparkling Wine, and having tried it, I see why.

Majestic seem to stock it, at least online.

From my bedroom window I can see the Nyetimber vineyards and have to agree, it is very special, the Classic Cuvee is brilliant. I think there’s a chance of finding it in Waitrose, possibly also in duty free HT ?

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
I pick up a bottle of Nyetimber every Christmas from Waitrose; it’s a fantastic sparkling wine. However yesterday in Waitrose I spotted the Ridgeview, so thought I’d get a bottle to take to Lord’s with me today. I’ll report back later on how good it is.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Another vote for Nyetimber, always have a couple of bottles in stock in case we need to have some bubbles, far better than most Champagnes...

EDIT: Oh and enjoy the game Herr T!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Thanks matey, probably a little too far out for my post match. I’ve been over for a few days in London for work so I have a suitcase which is going in the hold.

PS it’s my birthday today so if you fancy a drink look me up post-match. It will be nice to share a beer with you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
possibly also in duty free HT ?

I have investigated this route and the only English fizz they have at Gatwick is an World Duty Free own brand which I didn’t fancy.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Waitrose also stock Breaky Bottom sparkling wine. Made in the South Downs.
I do their plumbing, takes about 20 minutes to drive there over dirt tracks from the main road, great views though
7bfe229bdb15023e0cf27d981630db91.jpg

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
All the above are good, along with Bolney Bubbly......BA we're using this in their first class cabin.......

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Another vote for Nyetimber, always have a couple of bottles in stock in case we need to have some bubbles, far better than most Champagnes...

EDIT: Oh and enjoy the game Herr T!

Cheers fella!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here