Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 81516171819202128 ... LastLast
    Members

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I also dislike the way commentators keep saying we 'benefited' from VAR last week in that the penalty (Murray) wasn't given against us. Completely ignoring the fact that the ref didn't give it anyway - so we got no 'benefit' from VAR at all, as if VAR didn't exist, the outcome would have been exactly the same.
    The fact most of us hate it, the Bundesliga hated it last season will make no odds, we will have to deal with it. So glad I'm not there today, I'd have been with everyone else up and cheering, Matty doing the distance to celebrate, and it gets chalked off two minutes later with 1 minute extra time being given after the 45. Absolute bollocks. Will Matty bother any more? Will we?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

2 Not allowed!
      Gutted about the 'goal', but it was offside. That said, it was so marginal that it certainly would have stood without VAR. No West Ham players seemed to protest the goal at all, and not flagged by the lino.
      I like the concept of VAR, but it needs to be better utilised, I feel, maybe in the way that challenges are used in tennis, only so many per half.
      Whatever, there must be a better way.
      That said, still encouraged by our play, although seem less energised than last week. Still predict a win for us, though.
      ...as a matter of fact, it's all dark.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by RexCathedra View Post
      To minimize the potential impact of bent refs and keep the gamblers happy. The Spectre of match fixing hovers over the game. Have you noticed how pervasive the gambling industry's influence is in the sport? It's the elephant in the room.
      If I thought that for one minute I'd stick a like to your post, but to be honest, that's bollocks.

1 Not allowed!
      If the lino's weren't so s**t we wouldn't need VAR.
      But imagine it the other way around and we went one down to an offside goal. (As has been the case in the past.) Offside is offside. Shame for Trossard mind, as he lashed that bad boy home!

0 Not allowed!
      Does anyone know what occured with the handball. Looked deliberate to me even though the arms were behind the back

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by TSB View Post
      Those seriously moaning about VAR getting a decision correct will be praising it at a later date.
      The point is it ruins football as a live experience. Something pundits don't understand. But then whoever gave a toss about the fans who actually pay to go and watch matches?
      *JCL since 1976 - FA Cup final, replay and semi, two play-off finals, Hereford, three Championships, eight promotions, five relegations, four home stadiums*
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by birthofanorange View Post
      Gutted about the 'goal', but it was offside. That said, it was so marginal that it certainly would have stood without VAR. No West Ham players seemed to protest the goal at all, and not flagged by the lino.
      I like the concept of VAR, but it needs to be better utilised, I feel, maybe in the way that challenges are used in tennis, only so many per half.
      That said, still encouraged by our play, although seem less energised than last week. Still predict a win for us, though.
      What difference would challenges make? Say you get one per half, what are the chances of the oppo scoring more than once per half? Very small percentage I'm sure. So you just challenge a goal, simple, same outcome. I have a better idea, get VAR the f**k out of our game.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by kevo View Post
      The point is it ruins football as a live experience. Something pundits don't understand. But then whoever gave a toss about the fans who actually pay to go and watch matches?
      Disagree. As a fan, at the ground right now, I want the correct decisions made. I’m sure VAR will rule at an opposing goal later in the season, and I’ll cheer that just like the West Ham fans did today.
      WE ARE BRIGHTON

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by birthofanorange View Post
      Offside is the main issue. I think it has to be clear and obvious, if it's marginal go with the official's decision. The old rule used to be to give the benefit to the attacker. That's how it should be.
      *JCL since 1976 - FA Cup final, replay and semi, two play-off finals, Hereford, three Championships, eight promotions, five relegations, four home stadiums*

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Luke93 View Post
      Disagree. As a fan, at the ground right now, I want the correct decisions made. Iím sure VAR will rule at an opposing goal later in the season, and Iíll cheer that just like the West Ham fans did today.
      I'd also be glad and cheer but that doesn't change the fact var is spoiling football.
      If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice......