Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs West Ham United *** Official Match Thread ***

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Those seriously moaning about VAR getting a decision correct will be praising it at a later date.

I won’t. It’s bollocks and will kill the game as a live spectator sport. By all means give the ref the option of reviewing a penalty decision if he wishes but examining every goal for the smallest of infringements? It will get to the point that we don’t even bother celebrating a goal until someone 100 miles away has given the nod.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Disagree. As a fan, at the ground right now, I want the correct decisions made. I’m sure VAR will rule at an opposing goal later in the season, and I’ll cheer that just like the West Ham fans did today.

I think people that defend VAR don't really get football.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
What difference would challenges make? Say you get one per half, what are the chances of the oppo scoring more than once per half? Very small percentage I'm sure. So you just challenge a goal, simple, same outcome. I have a better idea, get VAR the f**k out of our game.

So, you can maybe choose to challenge a goal, perhaps a penalty decision, maybe a free kick in a dangerous position? I'd rather it was limited to things like that, after all, it's probably here to stay.
But yes, I think I'd rather not have it if it's going to impact so much of the game as a whole.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Any poster that defends VAR has no heart. To celebrate a goal like that for so long and have it chalked off is devastating.
You can keep your so called ‘accuracy’.

VAR is all about money - there is so much money involved in every decision now that the 'investors' want to protect their investment - it will run football as a fans game.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I do right now. But I'll love it when it goes in our favour. So will Maty Ryan.

But it will even itself out over a season generally, so no, it is taking the ecstasy and agony out of the game. It is ruining that moment.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Well I think it ( VAR ) is a good thing BUT it should be seriously restricted to infringements at the time of a goal scored, that is fouls NOT off-sides unless obvious and especially should not be considered where the decision has not even been appealed by the defending team !

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Offside was a rule to stop players running clearly beyond the last defender, it was not invented for lines at a free kick. Where did we get an advantage from that offside, that was legitimate football with NO advantage? Drop the offside rule? Teams play deeper? VAR becomes null and void? I'm sorry I didn't see a clear advantage to the goal we scored and VAR can do one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here