Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs West Ham United *** Official Match Thread ***

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
The massive plus for me after watching our opening two games is that there is no way we will struggle at the bottom of the table this season.

We were by far the better side today, lots of attacking intent. A little bit of bad luck and a few key moments where we weren't quite as clinical or sharp as we would have liked, but then it's still early days.

How about Trossard too?! two wicked finishes, he looks a right player and someone with plenty of goals in him.

Can't help but be happy overall, with perhaps a small hint of disappointment. But only because I celebrated the first goal so damn hard.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
The stats say we should have won it, and good value for money guys???

The crowd didn't appear nervous and only positive, has Potter managed to change that culture already?
Nerves kicked in for me in the last 10 when WH could well have won it. Apart from that we dominated. Trossard, Murray, Propper, Maupay could have sealed the game and saved me all that stress

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Erm... but it was the correct decision? Burn was offside. You wouldn't be fuming if a similar decision was made in our favour, correctly, too.

My head says this and if the linesman had ruled it offside I'd have no problem at all. Unfortunately I feel bitter about it, I think it's to do with the length of delay between it going in and being ruled out. I feel cheated even though I know Burn was offside.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
It won't sort itself out, we'll get used to it and take what is dished out to us, we'll forget 'normal' football in a couple of years.

Quick question.

If there was no VAR and it was West Ham who scored and the goal was given. Would you have moaned that it should have been ruled out for offside ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Tons of positives.

Our best attacking football (from 20 mins) in a very long time.
Burn and Trossard are class acts.
Stephens getting back to his CM best, measured aggression, passing decent.
March looks good as a LWB.
Gross creative and he seems more mobile, fitter.

A far cry from the nervy football last season.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Quick question.

If there was no VAR and it was West Ham who scored and the goal was given. Would you have moaned that it should have been ruled out for offside ?

Once again I have already posted this, I suggest you scroll back.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Enjoyable game. Very enjoyable second half. Isn't it refreshing to see us take full part in the game from the first minute? I feel like we're a proper premier league team now rather than the plucky underdogs.

I felt we did enough to win but can't grumble to much with the point. Lanzini and Antonio caused us plenty of problems but we had a number of really good scoring opportunities. What's exciting is we're so clearly a work in progress as long as we can keep picking up points and maintaining confidence then we should go from strength to strength. Although I'm really not convinced about the solidity of the back three.

Also, Trossard looks some player. What a signing he'll be if he can maintain/improve on that performance.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Did I dream that we signed a £20m defender ? Or did we loan him out to Bayern Munich or somewhere ? :lol:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I have to admit it, I had serious doubts that GP could deliver his brand of football with this squad - he clearly can. I stand (massively) corrected.

The kind of rock and roll football we played today was the stuff of peak era Sabbath trashing a top floor hotel room, whilst the 'normal' guests complain about the raucous behavior - whilst asking: "who are those guys?"

We've arrived, and we could be about to deliver our Master of Reality.

brilliant.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Decent point I guess, but can't help feeling a bit mugged off.
Shooting practice please Potter!

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Once again I have already posted this, I suggest you scroll back.

My question still stands.

My point is, we have been moaning for years about poor refereeing and linesman’s decisions.

The game at the highest level has addressed this.

Now for me I would rather a goal ruled out by a correct VAR decision than have one ruled out incorrectly by a poor linesman’s decision.

It is early days and I’m sure the quickness of the decision making will become better, but for me It’s all good

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
We had enough chances to win against a pretty strong WH so it bodes well for the rest of the season. We all would have asked for 4 points after the first 2 games.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
From a neutral’s perspective, you pretty much dominated the whole game. West Ham were woeful, really off the pace. Being the first time I’ve seen both teams play for a full game, consequently it’s hard to determine whether they were poor or you made them look that poor. I fear it may have been the latter.

Trossard and Burns looked very good.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Loved that, such a relief to enjoy the football again.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Great to watch..perhaps we should have won..many more good chances than them.But West Ham are IMO a top Half side with some great players so good point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here