Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs West Ham United *** Official Match Thread ***

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’ve just been told that the goal was disallowed for the sake of 4inches or 100mm for you pesky kids. Well can we afford to have big footed defenders like Burn. I say get him out for a tiny footed centre half........Fan of VAR ?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Agree. Also there has to be a margin of error. Some of the offsides are so close. Are the cameras exactly in line? Do they know exactly when the ball is kicked.
Maybe they should just call it when there is daylight

Far too sensible.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Locadia is a bull in a china shop, with a delicate conscience. Trossard already shows more, and more than AK, if that's allowed on NSC

AJ remains an unknown . . . .maybe we never will know.

Trossard is a lovely player.

He already looks a far more natural footballer at this level than both Locadia or Ali J. And I say that as someone who quite likes Locadia.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
The biggest highlight of many for me today was, similar to last week, the performances of Stephens and Propper in centre midfield. They look like completely different players to last season’s weak links.

Stephens is transfomed as a player with more license. He was so limited just as a deep defensive midfielder and looked out of his depth at times but he was a colossus today.

And Propper is offering so much more as highlighted by that headed chance he missed. He played a lovely ball out wide and then carried on his run into the box to get his head on the ball. May actually have done better when he got there but it was quality midfield play and something we never saw in the last 2 seasons. And that followed his outstanding assist last week.

It’s so pleasing to see. We’re not missing Bissouma at all at the moment and that’s something I would never has said last season. Having said that, I can’t wait to see a player of Bissouma’s talent and mobility in this side.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There are assumptions been made here - there is no way of knowing how much of this improvement is Potter and how much is the groundwork laid by Hughton. Brighton purchased three players this off-season for more money that the previous transfer record - and brought in a loanee that would probably have cost another £20million if on a permanent transfer. On top of that Dunk, Duffy and Burn have all improved in the off-season. And finally - Brighton have not suffered any injuries yet.

It takes several years to build a PL squad - Potter come in with significant foundations laid and then spent a lot of more money than Hughton was able to spend bringing in four players that are / appear to be PL standard.

So far it appears to have worked well - and Potter deserves credit for that - but Brighton really should have thumped West Ham today in the same way they hammered Watford. You do have to take your chances in the PL when they present themselves. Saying that - it looks like Watford, West Ham, Southampton and Newcastle have gone backwards this season. This is not really a surprise - Newcastle spend about £60million (£40million on a striker who looked very light-weight today), Watford spent about £30million, Southampton spent £50million (but £20m of that was for a player they had on loan last season) and West Ham spend about £60million - but the striker they paid £36million for didn't play today - and money counts in the PL. It will be interesting to see how things pan out for the rest of the season.

Bissouma, Izquierdo, even the dreaded Schelotto - all have had significant injuries before a ball was even kicked.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Last game on MOTD - even after Everton v Watford which had less goals. Thought it was a very entertaining match. - inexplicable.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Seems we have taken a step backwards under Potter. This is a fixture we would have won with Hughton. We really should be beating teams like West Ham.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Last game on MOTD - even after Everton v Watford which had less goals. Thought it was a very entertaining match. - inexplicable.

I thought that. Very limited discussion about the game afterwards, too, apart from some nice comments about Trossard. The Everton game didn't seem that great either. Oh well, happy to go under the radar for a week after all the analysis of our style of play after last week.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I thought that. Very limited discussion about the game afterwards, too, apart from some nice comments about Trossard. The Everton game didn't seem that great either. Oh well, happy to go under the radar for a week after all the analysis of our style of play after last week.

I'm fine with this. If we want highlights, the new Albion TV seems a bit of a find. If you want unbiased analysis, there are some really considered podcasts and if you want us to just keep taking teams by surprise, let's pre-book last spot on MOTD every week and come 10th this season!!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
New graphics?

image1.jpeg

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
More than just near the end I was reminded of Albion 1 Fulham 2 under Hyypia when we lost when we should have won, but entertaining.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here