Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Music from you and me

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Goth and Darkwave arguably began for real not with Wayne Hussey, but with the Vancouver contingent. I was lucky enough to see Skinny Puppy in 85. But I'll skim over them and take you to the divine Bill Leeb and his Frontline Assembley.

First an early track, then something newer. Very different. The first track is deffo in my top 50 all time favourite tracks. It is mental. Play loud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBIWW2bwfwk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7neOT06a9nk&list=PLDJe5eEEHf9Ln8Xz9VCC6ZW6WTUVZQb4T&index=24

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
the request was really for people to post music they have made themselves, like i did : )

but you know, good is also good so its fine.

oops!!!!! :lolol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Mmmm....Jah Wobble and the spoken word in music.....OK so I'm now going to indulge myself a bit. The first time I listened to this album, with a mate, we found ourselves almost unable to breath during this track, it is so in your face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUxzY9RG-JE

Edit listening to this it has been uploaded from a vinyl recording - it jumps late on :lolol:

Lots of people will post on this thread. The stuff I will post will be linked, which you will see if you can be bothered to jump from one post to the next. Just thought I'd mention it :thumbsup:

Jah Wobble and the spoken word you say.

Assume you have the Inspiration of William Blake album?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Jah Wobble and the spoken word you say.

Assume you have the Inspiration of William Blake album?

I don't! I remember when he was putting it together, then got distracted. I'll have a fish around on youtube later :thumbsup:

I saw the great man at the Corn Exchange nearly 20 years ago with Jaki Liebezeit and Harold Budd on the Solaris tour. It was a sit down gig and my bum fell asleep. Yes, and I fell silent :lolol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I don't! I remember when he was putting it together, then got distracted. I'll have a fish around on youtube later :thumbsup:

I saw the great man at the Corn Exchange nearly 20 years ago with Jaki Liebezeit and Harold Budd on the Solaris tour. It was a sit down gig and my bum fell asleep. Yes, and I fell silent :lolol:

Harold Budd, eh. Nice.
I have his Pavilion of Dreams album. He's an old favourite on Late Junction.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
oops!!!!! :lolol:

Let me celebrate the new direction with Swedens finest (though arguably more popular in the UK) Bo Hansson, most known for his 1970 album "Music Inspired by Lord of the Rings". This piece is however from the equally brilliant "Music Inspired by Watership Down" album.

Edit: one from LOTR as well:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Shameless plug for my boy's band - they are starting out on the rocky road to rock and roll stardom. They live in Hollingbury and while the rest of the band are from further afield - the lead singer is Albion :)

That is quality mate, brilliant summer groove. Hope it works out for them. Keep us posted with their progress.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I thought it was in my memory somewhere. It was.

Music from you and me :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here