Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Jeremy Vine

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
He's already on a huge salary. £750,000 per year. Unless you don't think that's huge. How many pensioners are losing their free TV license to pay for him to spout his bile while he rakes in 3/4 of a mill per year.

Irrespective of one's thoughts on JV -can you give an example of his bile?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Jeremy Vine is currently live on Radio 2 with a live phone in show between noon and two

He’s also currently on TV on 5 Select hosting a live phone in show between noon and two

I’ve flicked between the two and it’s not the same program, something funny going on!

The 5 Select broadcast is a repeat. The show actually goes out live on Channel 5 from 9:15 am.

Jospeh

Oct 28, 2016
He's already on a huge salary. £750,000 per year. Unless you don't think that's huge. How many pensioners are losing their free TV license to pay for him to spout his bile while he rakes in 3/4 of a mill per year.

Actually he took a voluntary paycut to £295k.

Also I'm not sure why the wealthiest generation in human history should get a free TV licence paid for by their grandchildren who are facing a lifetime of insecure work and housing

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Wait till Alex Scott hears of this, I think she'll go one better and be simulcast on 3 different TV stations at the same time.

*cough* Alec *cough*

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I agree.

Great music taste
Great lunchtime debates/chat at lunchtime without offending
I like his politics too

No I am not related to him or his stalker

I agree.

WTAF is the matter with people? ???

Anyway, Glenn Murray now LIVE on quetion of sport - must rush. I hope Harry gave him permission to do this on the night before a game.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Agree with your message. JV is a very passive kind of person, the last presenter I’d imagine to be angry, spiteful, nasty.

Thanks for that. I was staggered to read that post - it always strikes me when I listen lunchtimes, that he tries to steer a middle line and is unfailingly polite and respectful, even when it is clear that some folk who phone in are just ridiculous obsessives.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Thanks for that. I was staggered to read that post - it always strikes me when I listen lunchtimes, that he tries to steer a middle line and is unfailingly polite and respectful, even when it is clear that some folk who phone in are just ridiculous obsessives.

The most he could be accused of is being boring. But not by me, he runs an interesting show with plenty of time given to each topic, and the occasional musical gem.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Agree with your message. JV is a very passive kind of person, the last presenter I’d imagine to be angry, spiteful, nasty.

I haven't listened to him in weeks, but the last time I did there was a bloke on from some suicide prevention society or other and Slime wound him up so much he stormed out of the studio live on air. Slime was advocating something or other which, according to this guest, was creating suicidal tendencies in people. I can't remember the specifics and can't be arsed to look, but I think it was around the time someone did themselves in over getting thrown out of a reality show. Could be wrong on that because I don't follow the show they were on about. I always turn off Slime but listen to R2 the rest of the day, just couldn't get to my radio easily that day and so listened when working. Made sure it's never been on since.

Each to their own. Personally feel he's down there with something I'd scrape off my shoe (yes I detest him that much).

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Actually he took a voluntary paycut to £295k.

Also I'm not sure why the wealthiest generation in human history should get a free TV licence paid for by their grandchildren who are facing a lifetime of insecure work and housing

I stand corrected. He was pressurised into a £250k pay cut when this whole thing blew up on the BBC wages and that women were paid a lot less. True that's not his fault, but it was a BBC pressured thing with a load of other 'male talent'.

So he's only on half a million a year. Didums. Only 6x the average doctors wages. Bargain.

And the TV license paid for by their grandchildren? What a load of b0llocks. Get the chip off your shoulder. Those people have put in millions in tax to keep this country going so you can have somewhere thats a first world country to live in.

Just because over paid nobodies like Slime, Lineker and Evans (now history) earn an absolute fortune, pensioners who spent their whole lives working, paying taxes to keep this fine country of ours going and live on a state pension which barely is enough for food and bills, want to watch a bit free TV, now can't.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I haven't listened to him in weeks, but the last time I did there was a bloke on from some suicide prevention society or other and Slime wound him up so much he stormed out of the studio live on air. Slime was advocating something or other which, according to this guest, was creating suicidal tendencies in people. I can't remember the specifics and can't be arsed to look, but I think it was around the time someone did themselves in over getting thrown out of a reality show. Could be wrong on that because I don't follow the show they were on about. I always turn off Slime but listen to R2 the rest of the day, just couldn't get to my radio easily that day and so listened when working. Made sure it's never been on since.

Each to their own. Personally feel he's down there with something I'd scrape off my shoe (yes I detest him that much).

We’ll have to agree to disagree. I like him.

It JV’s that low, the shit-stirring/muck-raking likes of Kay Burley, Piers Morgan and Jeremy Kyle must be subterranean.

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
One of many sucking the BBC dry until the license fee eventually canned. That day cannot come soon enough.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
The BBC, with some issues, is still a great broadcaster and will out see all of us.

With all due respect, that is increasingly a minority view. Love the Beeb, but it is deteriorating very quickly. It's operating with the wrong model (mandatory tax), PR disaster after PR disaster, shit programmes and painfully woke/liberal news. Smart management could make sure it survives, but what are the chances?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
With all due respect, that is increasingly a minority view. Love the Beeb, but it is deteriorating very quickly. It's operating with the wrong model (mandatory tax), PR disaster after PR disaster, shit programmes and painfully woke/liberal news. Smart management could make sure it survives, but what are the chances?

We’ve about to enter a long phase of liberal (small ‘l’) governments, so it will have friends who’ll see that it flourishes.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here