Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Top Of The League

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I have checked the odds.

Us to beat West Ham and saints along with city to beat spurs and Bournemouth is about 8/1. So the match vs them to be a top of table shoot out (well joint top on goal difference if other teams win) is 8/1

Unlikely but not impossible.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When Dunk steps up to collect the Premier League trophy on April the 25th at 5pm half of our fans will be saying:-

"I bet he drops it".

Carpe diem people - Carpe diem.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If we go one-nil up inside the first few mins, we ought to revel in the once-in-a-lifetime moment of being on top of the Premier league surely!? It may never happen again.
Well it's not really top of the league until the game is over, and the points are on the board.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
You have left out the small matter of us beating West Ham.

Shouldn't be a problem if sick note Wilshere is fit to play his 90 odd incisive, yet somehow pointless, passes to a bloke 10 yards away in midfield. The mighty Dale will be ready to intercept and away we go!

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Plenty of time for the mongers of doom.

We are currently not just undefeated but have a 100% winning record and no premier league team from the 19/20 season has even been able to score against us.

With FACTS like that why shouldn't the OP be confident?

Not just a 100% winning record Stat, it’s a very strong one. The fewest goals we’ve scored so far this season is three!! And that was away from home!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I bet it's on the BBS already.

TBH I'd wee-wee myself if such a thread appeared from palace.

Yet despite everything going against them I'd still have a momentary respect for their ability to dream.

Obviously it's even funnier now that another season is upon us where it's now already IMPOSSIBLE for them to even contemplate such a fantasy makes life all the sweeter.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
If we go one-nil up inside the first few mins, we ought to revel in the once-in-a-lifetime moment of being on top of the Premier league surely!? It may never happen again.

Depending on the Arsenal result from the 12.30 ko

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For palace to be top of the league:-

Arsenal Burnley - draw
Villa - win
West Ham - win
Watford - win
Southampton - win
City Spurs - draw

Palace win 0-6

Keep the dream alive :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’m assuming I’m in a minority of around one for thinking about this but...........

If Arsenal draw with Burnley and Liverpool fail to beat Southampton, we’d have at least 2 1/2 hrs at the top of the Premier League if we hammer the hammers!!!

[emoji106]

Make the most of this early season positivity. If you can't go into a season dreaming you are not a genuine football fan!!

It won't happen though :lolol:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Well it's not really top of the league until the game is over, and the points are on the board.

True, but it hasn’t stopped fans singing it in the past.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
For palace to be top of the league:-

Arsenal Burnley - draw
Villa - win
West Ham - win
Watford - win
Southampton - win
City Spurs - draw

Palace win 0-6