Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Happy jumping blonde triplets day!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes, its A-level results day.

Best of luck to anyone on here awaiting their (or their offspring's) results.

Hope you all get what you deserve / need. :thumbsup:

*despite what the papers have you believe, teenagers OTHER than pretty blondes are in fact, also entitled to sit these exams...

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Thanks, the thoughts are much appreciated. GCCM Junior has made it to study Zoology at Harper Adams University in Shropshire. I am very proud.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Just saw a facebook post from a friend of mine saying his daughter got a text from UCAS saying she had got her required grades for her place at Uni. Thought that was bit weird as it takes all the "fun" out of going and getting her results? A bit like hearing a football result you wanted to avoid on the news before MotD.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Thanks, the thoughts are much appreciated. GCCM Junior has made it to study Zoology at Harper Adams University in Shropshire. I am very proud.

Good lad :clap2:

My youngest did better than he dared to hope, and got accepted for Economics at Exeter (but is planning to turn it down / defer it for a year).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Just saw a facebook post from a friend of mine saying his daughter got a text from UCAS saying she had got her required grades for her place at Uni. Thought that was bit weird as it takes all the "fun" out of going and getting her results? A bit like hearing a football result you wanted to avoid on the news before MotD.

They all get them on line, in the safety of their own homes / beds. Mine came and woke us up at 6.00am to tell us his. The days of all trooping off to school / college to collect a piece of paper are past.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Good lad :clap2:

My youngest did better than he dared to hope, and got accepted for Economics at Exeter (but is planning to turn it down / defer it for a year).

Ooooh, one of the lads who does some part time work with us is planning on doing Economics at Exeter. He zipped off after work this afternoon to get his grades. Although having a Japanese mother, living in Japan and being fluent in Japanese means there's not a lot of suspense in what his Japanese grade will be...

Also, good luck to everyone getting their grades!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
They all get them on line, in the safety of their own homes / beds. Mine came and woke us up at 6.00am to tell us his. The days of all trooping off to school / college to collect a piece of paper are past.

Fair enough. Not had the experience of a child on A-Level results day.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Back in the day, you didn't go into school to get your results but got a letter from the examining board saying what your results were. That led to a round of phone calls to hear what your mates got and then arranging to go down the pub to celebrate/commiserate with them

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Hope all connected to NSC got what they wanted (youngsters and parents). If not, it's not the end of the world, there are always options and more than one way to skin a cat. Please note that cat-skinning is no longer a career choice!

I'm sure with all the diverse courses being offered that taxidermy is almost certainly offered somewhere.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Back in the day, we did. So did my children.

I probably go further back than you but in the mid-70s you waited at home for the postie to arrive. The idea of going into school would have been weird.

I was on holiday when my O Level results arrived so I got them several days later.

It seems strange to think about this now when people get their results instantly

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
My son Graduated this year, a 1st and a cash prize for the years best dissertation, back when he received his A level results, he was a grade short on what he needed for the course he had wanted to get on, however, the University offered him a related course, with the possibility of switching after the first year back to his original choice if they had drop outs. A year later they offered him the switch and he refused, having found the alternative suited him and his ambitions far better. So kids, falling short can sometimes be a blessing, when you look back on life, you can see that the things that went wrong for you, change your path to a better one at least as often as not.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

UK-672433.jpg

oh and in advance - yes, yes, yes

:thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills