Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tiki Tactics

Spacegull

Sehr Kosmiche.
Feb 22, 2009
High Weald
Yep... it’s that magic 5-4-1 defence / 3-4-3 attack formation that simultaneously provides excitement and stability.
It hinges on a lightning quick transition between the 2 modes, so hats off to Potter, the training staff & the players for getting it together in the close season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I wish there was less commentary on our tactics. Couldn't help think we took Watford by surprise but there are numerous pieces of content on how we played for upcoming teams to digest and plan for.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I wish there was less commentary on our tactics. Couldn't help think we took Watford by surprise but there are numerous pieces of content on how we played for upcoming teams to digest and plan for.

Premier league clubs hire analysts to do this, it doesn't matter if a journalist thinks they know about tactics.

Tiptoe through the NSC

Sep 13, 2017
St. Leonards-on-Sea
The clear implication here is that this system works against a team who do not look to get the ball wide. It'll be interesting to see how we line up against teams like Palace who play with two wingers. Really looking forward to watching this develop. Roll on Saturday!

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Great analysis of the Potterball.

Makes for a much more exciting game to watch for us fans.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
There are plenty of examples when Potter was at Swansea. The only difference as far as I can see is that he has much better players to work with. Other teams will be well aware of Potter and his ideas.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
This really doesnt say much at all. The tactics will be different from game to game, and no small differences at that. Potter drills his players in pass-, combination- and pressure patterns, but where on the pitch he wants it will be different from game to game. We commonly changed tactics during games, sometimes multiple times,

Our extraordinary discipline record last season tells the story of a team rarely getting caught in desperate situations defensively. If you try to play the same tactics against all opponents they will abuse you, so especially the defensive part will be very different from game to game.

disciplinary.jpg

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Highest possession, highest passing percentage by some distance. 7th for shots per game. All very encouraging, but it didn't get them into the playoffs, so I wonder what didn't work so well at Swansea last season?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Interesting video, but I wish the guy would speak clearly. Without the sub-titles he would have been very difficult to understand. He needs to speak more slowly and enunciate his words clearly.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Highest possession, highest passing percentage by some distance. 7th for shots per game. All very encouraging, but it didn't get them into the playoffs, so I wonder what didn't work so well at Swansea last season?
I've heard they had woeful goalkeepers.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
............. and one more pundit/analyst comes up with the idea that we played 4-3-3 last season .......................

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

1. Clinical finishing - 9 teams scored more goals and most of them had less shot on target per game
2. Goal difference of +2, its ok to score goals but if you let in as many it means you don't win enough matches

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here