Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Wilfred Bony

0 Not allowed!
    Starting Murray on the left last Saturday sounded totally nuts when I heard it. But when the game started we tried 4 or 5 times a long keeper clearance, or long diagonal ball, with Burn and Murray up there trying to get aerial supremacy and gain long yards quickly. They won a lot of headers, but no one there to claim the knock downs. It was a total failure, it made both of them for a short period look hopeless. After 26 minutes Potter changed it. No idea whatsoever why he thought it would unlock them. At least he spotted it and changed it, which CH would never have done.
    seagull wedgee

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Wilfred Bony

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      On transfer market he is the highest rated available striker and still only 30 years old. He hasnt got a club so wouldnt expect a large wage.

Can anybody suggest somebody to replace Locadia and Andone for 20 mins per game?
      I do admire the way you trawl through the contract-less free transfers like a budget conscious pensioner in a charity shop or car boot searching for bargains and a bit of quality.

Here is one of your former gems.
      https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michu
      Think he is definitely past it now though.
      :guitar:
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Rune View Post
      I do admire the way you trawl through the contract-less free transfers like a budget conscious pensioner in a charity shop or car boot searching for bargains and a bit of quality.

Here is one of your former gems.
      https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michu
      Think he is definitely past it now though.
      I do so because that is the only way that we can sign somebody until January. and IMHO we need somebody to replace both Locadia and Andone.
      Muslamic Infidel

3 Not allowed!
      I ask again what is the alternative?
      The alternative is we don't waste a shit load of money on someone who offers nothing and stick with what we have. Just because we have space for a free agent in our squad doesn’t mean we have to sign one.
      Artist formerly known as joey_jo_jo_jr_shabadoo

1 Not allowed!
      Or is he completely gash and lost it?
      Quote Originally Posted by B-right-on View Post
      Yes.
      I thought you were replying to a post about BG before I realised it was a post by BG. So confusing.
      Thank you Chris, you're a legend.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo View Post
      The alternative is we don't waste a shit load of money on someone who offers nothing and stick with what we have. Just because we have space for a free agent in our squad doesn’t mean we have to sign one.
      Hear hear. There is a reason why these players are out of contract free agents; nobody wants them (or certainly not at the wage levels the think they should command). Hopefully, we are included in the 'nobody wants them' camp at the moment, certainly not Bony, who Potter quickly shipped out of Swansea.
      Whether some people like it or not, we have replaced the two strikers, Locadia and Andone, that we've shipped out. Their replacements are named Maupay and Connolly.
      Jacob Schilt(pic:SebDaly) Nottseagull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GT49er View Post
      Whether some people like it or not, we have replaced the two strikers, Locadia and Andone, that we've shipped out. Their replacements are named Maupay and Connolly.
      Except Maupay partnered Andone so successfully at Watford. Not sure how one has replaced the other.

0 Not allowed!
      Any potential free agents should be allowed to train with the squad to see what they have to offer, if successful then pay as you play, if not then laters.
      Jimmy Melia's shoes.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Nottseagull View Post
      Except Maupay partnered Andone so successfully at Watford. Not sure how one has replaced the other.
      I wouldn't call it a partnership as such, neither of them combined for their goals.

I still wish we'd kept Andone though, and worked things out with the bloke.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"

0 Not allowed!
      A slightly cheaper option would be Cameron Jerome who has just been released by his club in Turkey after struggling to settle. Would be desperate for one last PL hurrah, all power and pace, unplayable on his day, would certainly offer GPott a different option within the squad.
      Winner with a capital W
      1989 Rear of the Year (West Dorset Area, 1998 Runner Up Can't Cook/Won't Cook, 2013 NSC Rugby League Sweepstake Champion, 2014 NSC World Snooker Championship Runner-Up, 2017 Six Nations Prediction Winner, 2017 NSC Rugby League World Champion, 2017 Lyme Regis News Poster of the Year, 2019 NSC World Darts Sweepstake Champion