Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Better learn the words to Rivers of Babylon just in case as there’s a possibility our forward line could be Boney Glen!!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Brian Owen poo poo's Bony.

You know, if there's one thing I've learnt from being in the Army, it's never ignore a pooh-pooh.

I knew a Major, who got pooh-poohed, made the mistake of ignoring the pooh-pooh.

He pooh-poohed it! Fatal error! 'Cos it turned out all along that the soldier who pooh-poohed him had been pooh-poohing a lot of other officers who pooh-poohed their pooh-poohs.

In the end, we had to disband the regiment. Morale totally destroyed... by pooh-pooh!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He's played for Potter at Swansea, so Potter knows him and will want to bring him in - sounds great, except that he played 7 times at Swansea for Potter - who promptly then loaned him out to Al-Arabi in the Qatar Stars League. Says it all!

Don't think this one will happen (crosses fingers).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Given the paucity of our striking options, part of me wouldn't be quite so adverse to bringing him in now (and I cannot BELIEVE I'm saying that). But then I didn't previously know that we would be relying on a pensioner, a kid, and a second division striker for at least half the season.

He has PL experience, he's free, he's only 30, he's worked with GP before, and frankly, we just NEED MORE BODIES now. If he is actually fit then it'd be a low-risk signing that'd probably be a waste of time, but it'd be better than nothing.

But jesus, how have we gotten here :facepalm:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Given the paucity of our striking options, part of me wouldn't be quite so adverse to bringing him in now (and I cannot BELIEVE I'm saying that). But then I didn't previously know that we would be relying on a pensioner, a kid, and a second division striker for at least half the season.

He has PL experience, he's free, he's only 30, he's worked with GP before, and frankly, we just NEED MORE BODIES now. If he is actually fit then it'd be a low-risk signing that'd probably be a waste of time, but it'd be better than nothing.

With GP for seven matches - then binned off on loan to the Qatar Stars League. Maybe - just maybe - GP wasn't impressed.

Anyway, we've got three strikers (for one position) plus other attacking options in the front three. We are not desperate!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
With GP for seven matches - then binned off on loan to the Qatar Stars League. Maybe - just maybe - GP wasn't impressed.

Anyway, we've got three strikers (for one position) plus other attacking options in the front three. We are not desperate!

I keep seeing this "three strikers for one position" line - but one of them is 51, one of them has only ever played in the Championship, and one of them is still in nappies. That is not an adequate Premier League strikeforce, that is bare bones stuff. I say again, in the second half when Murray is blowing out of his arse and its not happening for Maupay, we are now looking at our bench urgently relying on a teenager to step up to the plate, and/or goals from other areas.

All of a sudden I think we are looking woefully short, and thats IF everyone stays fit.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I keep seeing this "three strikers for one position" line - but one of them is 51, one of them has only ever played in the Championship, and one of them is still in nappies. That is not an adequate Premier League strikeforce, that is bare bones stuff. I say again, in the second half when Murray is blowing out of his arse and its not happening for Maupay, we are now looking at our bench urgently relying on a teenager to step up to the plate, and/or goals from other areas.

All of a sudden I think we are looking woefully short, and thats IF everyone stays fit.

That's exactly where I am too.

I have no problem binning off Locadia (not up to it) and Andone (disruptive wanker) but the timing is just bizarre. They've both chipped in with vital goals and we don't have much firepower left.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Is he 30 in the same way Taribo West was 30 when he played for Plymouth?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Even if I agreed with you that we are desperate (we're not) Bony wouldn't be the answer.

And . . . . your assessment of our task force is laughable.
1).Murray is not 51.
2).Maupay has only played in the Championship - so what? Many PL strikers had only played in the Championship (or lower level) before starting to play in the PL - it's quite common - Vardy, Barnes, Murray, Zaha, Pukki (although he did have a not very successful spell in the MTL). Loads going back through the years - Wright and Sheringham for example.
3).And finally, most 19 year olds aren't still in nappies (and Connolly isn't one of them) and there are plenty of examples of successful teenage strikers in the PL. Ever heard of 'If they're good enough, they're old enough'?

And you think bringing in somebody who was good five or six years ago, and that our manager shipped out last time they came together, would be a positive addition?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here