Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chicago recomendations please

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
"The Bean" sculpture in Millennium Park. It's a must do but doesn't take too long.

EBz_UKkX4AA34Wj

Lower left corner.

Better pic of "the Bean"

millennium-park.jpg

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attract...cago_Crime_and_Mob_Tour-Chicago_Illinois.html

Info on the Chicago Crime and Mob tour.

Some of the world’s most notorious criminals, mobsters and gangsters bamboozled their way through Chicago. On this Chicago crime tour, escape into the city’s criminal underworld as you investigate stories about Al Capone, The Untouchables, the Chicago Mob and more. From a luxury coach, see the sites of storied crime scenes including Biograph Theatre, Holy Name Cathedral, and the St Valentine's Day Massacre, one of Chicago's most notorious murders. Snap photos of the historic criminal courthouse, and hop off the coach to walk the path that Chicago gangsters John Dillinger and Hymie Weiss followed just before their deaths.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Oz Park, a tribute to the movie the Wizard of Oz with four statues--Dorothy, the Cowardly Lion, The Tin Man and the Scarecrow.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Lots of outdoor stuff recommended. Not been but imagine Chicago cold, wet and windy in November?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Bean is probably the greatest piece of open art I have ever seen, simply stunning

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
The Green Mill - it's a 1930's style jazz club from the era of Al Capone and Chicago mobsters.

That’s a great call. Atmospheric venue and they do take their jazz seriously. On my visit the owner chucked out one bloke and I didn’t think the bloke did a lot wrong.

It’s a great city, plenty of great restaurants.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Joe's Stone Crab House rated no 3 of 8177 restaurants in Chicago on Trip Advisor excellent food,very busy you will probably have to book well in advance. Not only fish they had virtually everything available.

The fish comes straight out of Lake Michigan l guess, Chicago is a long way from the sea.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
The Hancock Tower is also worth having a trip to the top to. Has a lovely cocktail bar high up as well.

If you like music, try to get out to a blues or jazz club.

Also, Chicago likes to rival New York on the quality of steaks you can eat. Can't recommend a restaurant, but do some research.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here