Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chicago recomendations please

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
If you are going to go out on Navy Pier, take the Chicago Odyssey Dinner Cruise

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attract...o_Odyssey_Dinner_Cruise-Chicago_Illinois.html

Whilst you are on Navy Pier don't forget to visit Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville restaurant for some really classy dining!

I worked in Chicago for a few weeks and really liked it. Great mixture of sport, culture, museums and architectural sights. Local are very easygoing and will strike up a conversation on pretty much anything

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My recommendation is . . .

Don't go, it's Trump territory.

NOT CHICAGO. Chicago is one of the non-Trump islands in the whole midwest. Indiana, the state next to Chicago to the east is the biggest Trump territory. Home of Vice President Chris Pence.

I did a tour of the architecture when I was there. When the Trump Tower was mentioned everyone on the tour, all North American’s if their accents were used to judge them, boooooed.

Dec 29, 2011
Take a nice evening stroll around the West Garfield Park area for a true Chicago experience.

The architecture boat tour is the best thing you can do in Chicago and only about $30.

One of my favourite cities I've ever visited. Probably better in the summer but it'll still be good.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I did a tour of the architecture when I was there. When the Trump Tower was mentioned everyone on the tour, all North American’s if their accents were used to judge them, boooooed.

As did myself and Mrs Hut on you recommendation and it was very good.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I was pleasantly surprised by Chicago, embarrassingly so. It’s a truly brilliant city with heaps to offer.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As did myself and Mrs Hut on you recommendation and it was very good.

:thumbsup:

I think you did the overhead train tour thing as well? I’d recommend this; fascinating stuff and it also gives good insight into the history of the city.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
:thumbsup:

I think you did the overhead train tour thing as well? I’d recommend this; fascinating stuff and it also gives good insight into the history of the city.

We only did the overhead one, the bean is magnificent as was the art museum

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Take a nice evening stroll around the West Garfield Park area for a true Chicago experience.

The architecture boat tour is the best thing you can do in Chicago and only about $30.

One of my favourite cities I've ever visited. Probably better in the summer but it'll still be good.

Just a reminder about the outside the downtown area neighborhoods in Chicago. Be careful about where you go.

https://abc7chicago.com/6-shot-in-garfield-park-drive-by/5459682/

https://abc7chicago.com/47-shot-5-fatally-in-chicago-weekend-shootings/5461669/

Most of this violence is between gangs that are trying to control the areas where they live for drug trafficking and prostitution. But occasionally innocent people get caught up in the violence.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here